Removing stabilizers

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I am curious to know if anyone has removed the 3 teflon stabilizers from the 360i head?

Whats the advantage if any?

Would/is it a good idea to remove them?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I haven't done it, but I think it's a bad idea. It will no doubt cause the machine to dig in harder on some carpets and probably put more stress on the motor. I also think it could potentially cause some damage to certain carpets. I'm basing this on experience with the XL which is quite a bit heavier. I'd be afraid to remove those supports and I don't think there would be any advantage whatsoever and it could cause some potentially costly problems.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Good point Randy,

I was curious, I saw on rotovacs website they show the 306i, and all other heads with out the supports

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Good point Randy,

I was curious, I saw on rotovacs website they show the 306i, and all other heads with out the supports
All I can tell you is even with those teflon supports mine digs in to even the thickest carpet pretty well. W/o those supports it would be a lot harder for the motor to turn the cleaning head, particularly on heavy plush residential. Even though the motor might take it for a while I can definitely see it causing some problems sooner or later. I like my stuff to last.

I still prefer the brush head with teflon glides and use mine over 90% of the time over the standard head that comes with the machine. It doesn't dig in as deep as the standard head and just seems to clean better because of the extra agitation of the brush.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
All I can tell you is even with those teflon supports mine digs in to even the thickest carpet pretty well. W/o those supports it would be a lot harder for the motor to turn the cleaning head, particularly on heavy plush residential. Even though the motor might take it for a while I can definitely see it causing some problems sooner or later. I like my stuff to last.

I still prefer the brush head with teflon glides and use mine over 90% of the time over the standard head that comes with the machine. It doesn't dig in as deep as the standard head and just seems to clean better because of the extra agitation of the brush.
I got even more curious and removed them.But I did noticed the rotary a bit sluggish. I noticed even more that the extraction tube did not show a lot of extraction, Got me thinking that without the stabilizers the jets would be closer to the carpet making it possible to inject deep into the carpet.....hhmmmm

I put them right back on.

Thanks Randy
As always you are the Wizard