Removing Fire Extinguisher Residue - Concrete Floors | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Removing Fire Extinguisher Residue - Concrete Floors

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hey everyone, I need some help with a concrete floor. The customer removes the powder from the fire extinguishers (all types) and it goes everywhere. They will be moving out soon and wanted the floors clean of it. Anyone got an idea or experience on getting this cleaned?

They tried to pressure wash it but from what I read on google is that water should always be the last step. The white reappeared after it dried up.

Attachments

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I had trouble finding that in smaller quantities. I am guessing you mop some of that after vacuuming as much dry residue as possible?

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Why not hit it with rob's groutmaster, let is dwell and then spin it out, edge with a tool. final mop out when done?

Just thinking out loud.

That's what I would try.

Reactions: rob allen

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
You can get that product in gallons. Mist the floor with it after vacuuming all dry matter. Then with a swing machine or an auto scrubber go over it with out water and then rinse bam good as new

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
What about trying some bridgepoint dry compound and broom it around or crb it?

dancuba1

May 12, 2009
Miami
www.spottecgroup.com
Real Name
Daniel Perez - Spot Tec Group, Inc
Business Location
United States
Use a dust mop to sweep. Try not to shake it because the dust flies everywhere. Use a concrete cleaner from home depot (zep, blue gallon) dilute it, with a floor scrubber, wet vacuum and rinse mop. Done.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Thanks everyone for the responses, I will try some of the suggestions on here and see how it goes.