Removing buildup from improper cleaning

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
Are there any rinses or preaprays formulates to remove layers of residue buildup better than others?

What would be ideal for these situations where another cleaner has caused rapid realizing and left heavy amounts of residue?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What fabric? As long as it’s wet cleanable the best thing to rinse away residue is water. Rinse rinse rinse and you will get it out. You may want to mist on some acid rinse during the process.

Post some pictures so we can give better advice.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’ve used simply hot water with zero product and a ton of passes until the desired effect.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Your question alone suggest a good thing...Most cleaning agents are on the alailine side, so there for an acidic side would be what you would what to achive...soften water will help you.

Flush and re flush those fibers...I say that if the money is there.
So many times we as carpet cleaners are called upon to achive " the results " the client demands...and it is only in what you charge ( sometimes ) can this be beneficial.

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
What makes a rinse better at rinsing then another?
Is there an industry standard or best rinse that you guys always go to?

Reactions: Luky

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I will have to disagree with Todd on this one. I don't want to get too deep into the chemistry, but the presence of enough phosphate in a rinse will significantly increase how much residue is removed. Essentially, the phosphate cause the old detergents and the soil to agglomerate (gather into small clumps) and be suspended in the water. Then the extraction removes them. Water with the proper amount of phosphate can hold up to 10 time more residue in suspension than plain tap water.

How much you need depends upon the hardness of the water you clean with. Some of the phosphate gets used up in softening the water.

Try Bridgepoint's Clean Free in your rinse to remove residues. Use label directions as a starting point. This is for average water hardness. You may use up to 50% less for soft water and up to 50% more may be needed for rather hard water.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
What makes a rinse better at rinsing then another?
Is there an industry standard or best rinse that you guys always go to?
It depends on what you want in a rinse. For the carpet to feel softer when you are done? For less residue to be left behind? To neutralize alkaline residue to avoid faster than normal resoiling. Low cost? Keeping the plumbing flowing freely with little or no build-up of scale? An extra boost of cleaning for really trashed carpets? A pleasing fragrance left behind?

These different goals depend upon different ingredients. Some times what helps with one feature hurts another feature.

because a rinse is so diluted (1:320 to 1:650 depending upon how you meter) it is greatly effected by water hardness. So, that may influence which rinse is best for you.

let me know what you want in a rinse and how hard your water is and I can help you select something that will do a good job.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Need an acid...fiber rinse....

To rinse alcaline...soap deposit
I use flex ice. Great stuff....
True, an acid will neutralize alkaline residues. But it will never remove remaining soap/wet shampoo/ detergent residues as well as Rinse Master. I 100% guarantee it.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Are you tied to the product in any way or just a believer
No! I am not in the least tied to Rinse Master, Chemeisters, or ANY chemical line. I am a 38 year retired carpet, rug and fabric cleaning and restoration expert and I have used this product for decades. And I used it for one reason and one reason only. Because It Works! It does exactly what it says it will do. I have stories upon stories that I can tell you about this amazing product. But rather than do that I urge you to NOT take my word for it, and prove it to yourself instead. YOU decide if it solves your residue problems. Good luck to you. (y)

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
No! I am not in the least tied to Rinse Master, Chemeisters, or ANY chemical line. I am a 38 year retired carpet, rug and fabric cleaning and restoration expert and I have used this product for decades. And I used it for one reason and one reason only. Because It Works! It does exactly what it says it will do. I have stories upon stories that I can tell you about this amazing product. But rather than do that I urge you to NOT take my word for it, and prove it to yourself instead. YOU decide if it solves your residue problems. Good luck to you. (y)
Thanks a lot for the recommend I’ll keep on touch and let you know what I think

Reactions: OldCarpetVet