Reminder Card revelation!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
so its been forever since I have sent out reminder cards, so last spring I sent out an old card to all customers on my mailing list that had cleaning done since 1999. The purpose was solely to trim the mailing list since some people have moved/died and could no longer be reached.

What I have found out over the years is that people tend to clean their carpet at the same time frame each year (spring/summer/fall/winter) so my plan is to send out reminders on a monthly basis (people that had their carpet cleaned in March will get a reminder the first Tuesday in March, etc) I got behind in getting this started so on Monday I will be sending out both January and February reminders.

So yesterday I started printing the labels for customers that had cleaning done in the months of January and February since 1999. The results were quite surprising!

If you eliminated 2019, I had 120 reminders to send out for January customers and 100 reminders to send to February customers. Thats 120 customers that had work done during the month of January over a span of 20 years! THAT IS AWESOME!

You may be thinking *only 120 customers? You cant be cleaning a lot of carpet*. Well I have to admit that January is somewhat slower than other months but certainly not the slowest.

MY POINT HERE IS THIS! Arent we trying to get that number to 0? Because if ALL of our customers had us clean for them on a regular basis (12-24 months) we would essentially have 0 customers to send reminder cards to after 2 years!

One year, I had only two labels to print. I thought that quite odd, so I went back into the receipts and found it was accurate. All other customers I cleaned for that year in January either had cleaning done after that or had moved.

Thats called Customer Retention. And if those are the results WITHOUT sending reminders, think of what sending reminder cards will do!

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ve been considering switching my mailers from a bulk mailing to all customers every few months to doing what you are doing. There will be a smaller number of cards to send on a monthly basis. I’m also going to switch to putting the cards in an envelope and hand addressing them.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Todd there is a machine that can mimic your handwriting and write all the envelopes for you.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
good point Todd, I think its key that some personalization is there.

The postcard has my picture on it so it is instantly recognizable and I hand write the date that I last cleaned there.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We use HouseCall Pro. It drips postcards to past clients automatically depending on how you set it initially. Love it.

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
I use HouseCall Pro also. Every customer get a thank you card within a few days and a 1 year reminder at 11 months. Love the automation.

Reactions: rob allen