Relia-Built??? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Relia-Built???

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
My search for a TM went the same as it always does. I call up Relia-Built to see what kinda genius he’s done recently. The owner Kacy is the most passionate builder Ive ever met, he's meticulous and thorough, and always follows through. Then I go to all surrounding suppliers let them blow some smoke around, then I call Kacy after the last shop and laugh at how inanely complicated and full of crap the local TM machines/dealers are.

I was contemplating a SS or the new fake carbon fiber everist? This time, as sometimes I'd stop in to grab a gallon of this or that, but the second I looked behind the plastic face plate I knew I was gonna get another Relia-Built. There looks to be 100 wires and propitiatory parts/sensors behind those other machines and to me that looks like downtime, downtime I, my techs, their family's, or my customers don't have.

2 months later I have an awesome RB sitting in a new van and couldn’t be happier.

They are the most reliabuilt machine you can buy, easiest to work on/lube, they are built with ease and power in mind, 2x2 coming out the waste tanks, 1.5” dump out, every hose/fitting is on a swivel so if you ever need to replace a hose or anything its done in like 5 minutes, link belts, its sitting on a custom built slide plate with a motor that moves the engine back and forth (its crazy cool,) best customer service on the planet, I’ve never had a problem with heat or suction.

Every tech thats used them always says stuff like, “best machine i’ve used,” “good suction, good heat, this thing is nice,” “way better than my last prochem,” etc, etc. Customers are always equally impressed, "I was out looking at your machine, that is nice!," "wow you guys do go all out," "the other guys machines didn't look like that at all, Im impressed" etc, etc.

I can’t get into detail what he’s done on this last one ( I think its patent pending,) but its crazy smart and first Ive ever seen in the industry, total world class machine, and no I wont be needing an external heater. We went all out on this last machine and even gave him creative permission to sex it up and he delivered. This is my 3rd machine from RB and for me, I am a customer for life.

Kicking myself now knowing the reliability-builts are out there..

I wonder if my Astro could support it though..

Cant be too mad made the best decision I could when I didn't know much at all.

Question: Do you think the small Relia-built has enough vacuum or would be getting the larger unit be the only way to go?
I started with an Astro, you can carry a machine but try not to carry any water, it will end up taking you a football field to stop lol. I started with a hillbillied electric motored plugged to a gennie, then piped to a diesel heater. It was totally ridiculous and total waste of time and money. I would have been better sticking with LM and pounding doors till I could have bought a gaser TM.

I started with a 33blower and you will be just fine on most residential stuff, but bigger homes/runs you will want the 36 at least. I now run 45 blowers and have never felt under powered and we clean 10,000 sq/ft house. Of course this is with Relia-Built machines, tanks, and filters too.
If your really looking for a new machine to last you forever get one, Im sure he knows some finance companies you could use if you need. But im sure if that financing didn't work you could always get a couple personal credit cards and put it on 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACP and Select

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
My search for a TM went the same as it always does. I call up Relia-Built to see what kinda genius he’s done recently. The owner Kacy is the most passionate builder Ive ever met, he's meticulous and thorough, and always follows through. Then I go to all surrounding suppliers let them blow some smoke around, then I call Kacy after the last shop and laugh at how inanely complicated and full of crap the local TM machines/dealers are.

I was contemplating a SS or the new fake carbon fiber everist? This time, as sometimes I'd stop in to grab a gallon of this or that, but the second I looked behind the plastic face plate I knew I was gonna get another Relia-Built. There looks to be 100 wires and propitiatory parts/sensors behind those other machines and to me that looks like downtime, downtime I, my techs, their family's, or my customers don't have.

2 months later I have an awesome RB sitting in a new van and couldn’t be happier.

They are the most reliabuilt machine you can buy, easiest to work on/lube, they are built with ease and power in mind, 2x2 coming out the waste tanks, 1.5” dump out, every hose/fitting is on a swivel so if you ever need to replace a hose or anything its done in like 5 minutes, link belts, its sitting on a custom built slide plate with a motor that moves the engine back and forth (its crazy cool,) best customer service on the planet, I’ve never had a problem with heat or suction.

Every tech thats used them always says stuff like, “best machine i’ve used,” “good suction, good heat, this thing is nice,” “way better than my last prochem,” etc, etc. Customers are always equally impressed, "I was out looking at your machine, that is nice!," "wow you guys do go all out," "the other guys machines didn't look like that at all, Im impressed" etc, etc.

I can’t get into detail what he’s done on this last one ( I think its patent pending,) but its crazy smart and first Ive ever seen in the industry, total world class machine, and no I wont be needing an external heater. We went all out on this last machine and even gave him creative permission to sex it up and he delivered. This is my 3rd machine from RB and for me, I am a customer for life.

I started with an Astro, you can carry a machine but try not to carry any water, it will end up taking you a football field to stop lol. I started with a hillbillied electric motored plugged to a gennie, then piped to a diesel heater. It was totally ridiculous and total waste of time and money. I would have been better sticking with LM and pounding doors till I could have bought a gaser TM.

I started with a 33blower and you will be just fine on most residential stuff, but bigger homes/runs you will want the 36 at least. I now run 45 blowers and have never felt under powered and we clean 10,000 sq/ft house. Of course this is with Relia-Built machines, tanks, and filters too.
If your really looking for a new machine to last you forever get one, Im sure he knows some finance companies you could use if you need. But im sure if that financing didn't work you could always get a couple personal credit cards and put it on 2 or 3.
So, I have to call Kacy and give him the hell that you don't have nothing negative to say about his products, haha...
I know he's perfectionist, but you could've find thing or two... Every of his products is " patent pending ", he's constantly evolving. We have to stop him when he starts to build machine with more than 10 wires...

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
So, I have to call Kacy and give him the hell that you don't have nothing negative to say about his products, haha...
I know he's perfectionist, but you could've find thing or two... Every of his products is " patent pending ", he's constantly evolving. We have to stop him when he starts to build machine with more than 10 wires...
I litterally dont have anything negative to say lol . He runs his businesess like I do mine, no mistakes! Hold on let me try and think of something to bit about... ... .. oh ya ok, one time TB woods flanges were back ordered and so he used a martin i think? anyways the martins use this 1.5mm yes 1.5mm non burled set screw to attach to your keyway/engine shaft. Well after 220 machine hours? it loosened up and we had to replace it and the rubber drive coupler with the tb woods which uses bigger set screws that are knarled. It took an hour? to replace. Kacy felt bad and wanted to buy the 40$ correct flange and 40$ coupler, I didn't let him pay for it. I also find that not his fault as I knew it had 1 non tbwoods flange and I just wanted my machine as I wasn't willing to wait for the tb woods. yes some hoses have burst coming out of the HX, but duh, that happens on every machine. But zero coplaints about him or his work. Well I guess he could call me and sing me nighty night before I go to sleep at night but... then that would be weird. Or I suppose he could come change the oil for me?

Reactions: Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Kicking myself now knowing the reliability-builts are out there..

I wonder if my Astro could support it though..

Cant be too mad made the best decision I could when I didn't know much at all.

Question: Do you think the small Relia-built has enough vacuum or would be getting the larger unit be the only way to go?
Not sure which is his smallest unit but ours is a 45 and it has tons of suction, although I love our Judson TNT the reliabuilt has significantly more pull.

If your running a wand with a worn down glide you'll need to throttle it down on some carpets as it will be very hard to move.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
For the cost of getting mytee portables, power cords, generator, external heater, etc etc

you will be right about the cost of a relia built bullet proof turn key brand new gas machine.

The foot print of these units too is a huge bonus, prochem machines will take 3x the space in your van and the relia built will smoke them in performance.

Reactions: Select

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Not sure which is his smallest unit but ours is a 45 and it has tons of suction, although I love our Judson TNT the reliabuilt has significantly more pull.

If your running a wand with a worn down glide you'll need to throttle it down on some carpets as it will be very hard to move.
To be fair your Judson is 100% propane, heat and motor right, so it suffers a % of performance penalty right off the top vs a gas Judson.

Reactions: Select

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
For the cost of getting mytee portables, power cords, generator, external heater, etc etc

you will be right about the cost of a relia built bullet proof turn key brand new gas machine.

The foot print of these units too is a huge bonus, prochem machines will take 3x the space in your van and the relia built will smoke them in performance.
Yeah but that decision has already been made.

On one hand I would love the simplicity and smaller footprint of the reliabuilt and on the other the portable is good because I can bring it in if need to.

Just have to stay positive and hustle up business. When I feel weak and like going home just have to stay focused and hit more doors. Theres a part of me that believes many business get carpets cleaned and not many people out their going after this business because of the nature of the work, etc.

Hopefully this isn't just a moment where I have my rosy glasses on though.

I should definitely be able to hustle up enough to pay the stuff I got off no matter how small my market may be. Then, at least I know Relia-built is a good next step option.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

I think the site advertises one with a 33 blower and the larger with a 45.

There is probably many others he will do as well..

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Don't discount a 33 blower at 3600 rpms, it's not terrible. Most direct coupled slide ins turn the bigger blowers at just 2600-3000 rpms, so not full pull on the numbers....

I ran my Cleanco's 56 blower at 2650 of 2850 rpms for 2 days and turned it down on the electronic speed controller. Honestly, I was collapsing the vac hose at the wand.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
You can PM me here. Or even just discuss in this thread, it's good to get multiple opinions.

What kind of unit are you looking at?
I had my mind made up on the tcs Big Chief 2. until I took a second look at the relia-built and called Kacy. and I must say he seems really passionate about what he builds. so that's why I'm reaching out to you. From your post you seem to be an up front guy and a level- headed person. So I don't do carpet fulltime but would like to grow my business. not take over the world, but do really good in it. So the tcs is $22,700.00 just for the unit withthe LG #4 propane heater. 26.5 Kohler engine That includes install. Kacy will build me one for $11,050.00 the way I want it 35 hp vanguard engine and I purchase the lg 4 heater from sunbelt its near me. total for everything is about $14,500.00 a saving of $8,200.00 so with that being said.I'm just asking for your honest opinion. Thank you LRZ360

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I had my mind made up on the tcs Big Chief 2. until I took a second look at the relia-built and called Kacy. and I must say he seems really passionate about what he builds. so that's why I'm reaching out to you. From your post you seem to be an up front guy and a level- headed person. So I don't do carpet fulltime but would like to grow my business. not take over the world, but do really good in it. So the tcs is $22,700.00 just for the unit withthe LG #4 propane heater. 26.5 Kohler engine That includes install. Kacy will build me one for $11,050.00 the way I want it 35 hp vanguard engine and I purchase the lg 4 heater from sunbelt its near me. total for everything is about $14,500.00 a saving of $8,200.00 so with that being said.I'm just asking for your honest opinion. Thank you LRZ360
Honest opinion is go with the relia built. I've never ran a chief, I have heard they are dependable.... but Kacy makes really nice units and he adds in a lot of features to make life easier on you when it's time for maintenance.

If I were to buy a TM today it would hands down be a 35hp heat exchanger unit from Kacy, with a pre heater.

Little giants produce great heat but if you ever want a technician you are better off with an HX

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
would like some advice and guidance from you on a TM Sir my email address lindellrzanders79@yahoo.com Thank you
You can PM me your phone number I'll call u. But really Kacy needs to up his prices so bad. It's a price perception thing, the more ya spend the more likely folks are likely to justify there purchase by talking about to there friends etc.
I honestly think he would sell more if he upped his prices at least by 20%.
My dad had a boat for sale for over a month for 3500$ got no calls. Finally he said screw it and relisted it for 8500$ had 3 offers in 3 days and he sold it to the guy he liked best.
Y'all can learn something from that story about our services we offer too. Where do your referrals come from, your best reviews? Mine always comes from the highest paying customers.

I just realized I'm off track lol dude buying anything other than a RB right now is simply foolish, nothing comes close.

Reactions: Luky

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
whatever state ur in....????

buy local.....you can take it back for any repairs...!!!!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So, congrats on Relia-built?

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
You can PM me your phone number I'll call u. But really Kacy needs to up his prices so bad. It's a price perception thing, the more ya spend the more likely folks are likely to justify there purchase by talking about to there friends etc.
I honestly think he would sell more if he upped his prices at least by 20%.
My dad had a boat for sale for over a month for 3500$ got no calls. Finally he said screw it and relisted it for 8500$ had 3 offers in 3 days and he sold it to the guy he liked best.
Y'all can learn something from that story about our services we offer too. Where do your referrals come from, your best reviews? Mine always comes from the highest paying customers.

I just realized I'm off track lol dude buying anything other than a RB right now is simply foolish, nothing comes close.
I tried to pm you my number but it wouldn't go through for some reason. but my email is lindellrzanders79@yahoo.com Thanks sir