Rejuvenate on tile floor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rejuvenate on tile floor

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Care' started by Brian P., Oct 12, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Brian P.

Brian P. New Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looked at ceramic floor today for cleaning and homeowner put Rejuvenate floor restore on it. Is there a stripper you can recommend from home depot or menards that will take it off. There rep says to use non - ammonia window cleaner. That does nothing. Its only about 200 sq ft but hate to do it if its going to be a big pain in the ass. Thanks for any help.

2. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    It's just an acrylic finish, like many others. Nothing spiffy-special. Any stripper that works on acrylics should do the trick. Keep the stripper COLD, not warm or hot, and give it plenty of dwell time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,250 / 7 / -0
    I hate that stuff! I cringe when people say Rejuvenate, Mop & Glo, Orange Glo and the like!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Busy Bee Floor Care

Busy Bee Floor Care Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +179 / 0 / -0
    I make a ton of money removing this stuff from wood and laminate floors. People clean with this stuff. I had a lady clean her wood floors with quickshine for 3 years 2 to 3 times a week. Her floor was like a candle lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,421 / 8 / -0
    I agree just about any stripper. But also agree and strongly recommend substantially longer dwell times.

6. Common janitor

Common janitor Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,395 / 10 / -0
    Yep . Some of that stuff can be hell to remove . Two rocket scientists waxed an entry way , lobby , and hallway ceramic tile ......... Yeah , after countless five gallon buckets of stripper they got it off . One of the worst I ever had was in a doctors office . Originally the floor was waxed and then Mop & Glo for a few years then it got waxed again !! Spent an entire shift getting that off . Amen to keeping the floor wet . No matter what you read on the Internet make sure you read the label of the product you're going to use . The label will tell you the proper water temperature and dilution . Good Luck !!
    All the Best, Ed

7. Travis Teague

Travis Teague Active Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    I did an entry way that the lady put mop and glow on. Ceramic tile. She swore up and down she never waxed it. I trid to clean it. Would now budge. Tried a little stripper and it started to come clean. Only problem is her black grout lines that she loved were actually light brown. She hated that color. So I gave her a choice. I can stop cleaning and leave the grout lines black aka dirty or clean it and color seal. She chose to leave it dirty.