Regeneration of EZ-Charge Water Softener by ProChem

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
There should be a chart somewhere, Scott may come up with one. I know our area has soft water but I charge it monthly anyway.

How often you charge may depend on how hard the water is.

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
After how many hours I would need to do a regeneration (backwash/flush) of ProChems Water softener. I am in southern California, water is pretty hard here.

I'm in Arizona with super hard water and the same softener. I took my tm to get service last week, and they checked (I do every week) the bypass orifice and screens, which were very clean. My machine was shutting off Monday because the temp solenoid pin stuck. And there was a good amount of scale in the screen. I've done 4 big tile jobs this week, so I'm assuming that made a huge difference in how quickly the unit needs to be recharged.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It depends upon two factors - the hardness of the water and how much water you use. Averages for that unit would be once every 3 to 4 weeks. But I suggest you test the output with strips every week. Water coming out should be 1 or 2 grains. If it is higher, then time for a recharge or perhpas some other issues.