Regarding Rob and his Chemicals | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Regarding Rob and his Chemicals

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Just wanted to say I found it uncouth having the Soap Daddy Thread locked by 1st Choice Cleaning after basically implying Rob is out to gouge us with his chemicals and price.

I find it funny especially since when I use Robs chemicals I often tend to use LESS than what the bottle recommends which essentially makes the cost as cheap as the other chemicals out there.

I cant honestly tell you who has the best chemicals, but I can damn sure tell you when i use a chemical that doesnt work.

So far I cant say that about any of Robs chemicals that I've tried.

Reactions: Fedri and rob allen

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Just wanted to say I found it uncouth having the Soap Daddy Thread locked by 1st Choice Cleaning after basically implying Rob is out to gouge us with his chemicals and price.

I find it funny especially since when I use Robs chemicals I often tend to use LESS than what the bottle recommends which essentially makes the cost as cheap as the other chemicals out there.

I cant honestly tell you who has the best chemicals, but I can damn sure tell you when i use a chemical that doesnt work.

I’ll agree. I’ve tried a number of the truck mount chemicals and they all have delivered 100% of there claims

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Been in business 3 months. So what do I know about this industry? Not much right? Maybe. But definitely not as much as others will ALOT more experience. Open to learning.

My Take: Rob takes action to sell his products. He seems to have learned and exercise good marketing techniques. Can probably learn a lot about promotion/advertising by studying his techniques, words (copy), videos, etc.

Further: The overwhelming majority feedback on TMF chems is very good. And, my experience has been good also. I say good because I haven't really tried anything else but these seem to get good results that me and clients are happy with.

On Safety: Rob promotes the safety of his chems. vs others pretty loudly too. I pretty much take him at face value along with scanning the SDS sheets as well as others feedback on the matter. Also, Mr. Forsythe (is he a chemist?) narrative on dilution ratios and diluted safety concerns seem to support the fact that if using safer chems to start and then think about diluted product as its used and put into places where people (animals, etc.) occupy then it really seems it is very very safe.

On the other hand that narrative also seems to suggest that 'unsafer' chems in diluted form my be similar safe. But, we as cleaners handle chems in undiluted forms so that risk / exposure seems to be lessened with Robs chems.

On Economics: I do believe I can shop chems and save money. No doubt about it. But the biggest challenge to my business isn't chem costs. FAR FROM IT. And I anticipate that chems might never be the biggest challenge or even a top 5 for my business. I DO realize I could be wrong because I am green but I have doubts.

Conclusion: If it became known Robs chems weren't actually significantly safer or other chems in diluted form were basically as safe as Rob touts his then the damage would be done and Rob loses all credibility. And people stop buying because trust is lost. Possible? Absolutely. Likely - I venture to say No. But, Once bitten twice shy. Its possible for me to be fooled once but if I let it happen again its my fault.

I just think and hope Rob has too much at stake (reputation/legacy) to knowingly mislead people. Now he is good at marketing which I think at times walks a fine line but I trust his words about only getting the best from chem suppliers and concocting safer chems.

Reactions: admin and rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Been in business 3 months. So what do I know about this industry? Not much right? Maybe. But definitely not as much as others will ALOT more experience. Open to learning.

My Take: Rob takes action to sell his products. He seems to have learned and exercise good marketing techniques. Can probably learn a lot about promotion/advertising by studying his techniques, words (copy), videos, etc.

Further: The overwhelming majority feedback on TMF chems is very good. And, my experience has been good also. I say good because I haven't really tried anything else but these seem to get good results that me and clients are happy with.

On Safety: Rob promotes the safety of his chems. vs others pretty loudly too. I pretty much take him at face value along with scanning the SDS sheets as well as others feedback on the matter. Also, Mr. Forsythe (is he a chemist?) narrative on dilution ratios and diluted safety concerns seem to support the fact that if using safer chems to start and then think about diluted product as its used and put into places where people (animals, etc.) occupy then it really seems it is very very safe.

On the other hand that narrative also seems to suggest that 'unsafer' chems in diluted form my be similar safe. But, we as cleaners handle chems in undiluted forms so that risk / exposure seems to be lessened with Robs chems.

On Economics: I do believe I can shop chems and save money. No doubt about it. But the biggest challenge to my business isn't chem costs. FAR FROM IT. And I anticipate that chems might never be the biggest challenge or even a top 5 for my business. I DO realize I could be wrong because I am green but I have doubts.

Conclusion: If it became known Robs chems weren't actually significantly safer or other chems in diluted form were basically as safe as Rob touts his then the damage would be done and Rob loses all credibility. And people stop buying because trust is lost. Possible? Absolutely. Likely - I venture to say No. But, Once bitten twice shy. Its possible for me to be fooled once but if I let it happen again its my fault.

I just think and hope Rob has too much at stake (reputation/legacy) to knowingly mislead people. Now he is good at marketing which I think at times walks a fine line but I trust his words about only getting the best from chem suppliers and concocting safer chems.
I never fancied titles or legacies. Who remembers the guy that started the IICRC? Who made the 1st "S" bend AW 29 wand? How about 1st Truckmount? How about the 1st wand glide? Yes, I know them, but I'd venture to say 1 out of a 1000 might know one of them. Maybe, and a big maybe, they would know Ed York started the IICRC. Some people who said they knew him said he say he was a terrible person to be around. Yet the school persists to this day and has millions in the bank.

Personally I simply echo my main chemists words and main selling points. I value him saying he could buy cheaper quality but he refuses. I witnessed him making products for a huge company that dropped him when he refused to water down or buy inferior ingredients. It was very profitable for him. That was enough for me. I love high quality and consistency. Quality wins regardless of who I am or what I say or what title others bestow on me. In the end the market determines regardless of all the hoopla and noise.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
One comment that I made about sodium hydroxide in previous post that I need to clarify is that 2% of the 45% raw base is enough for us to list and ship as a hazardous material. We only use in 2 formulas out of 180 formulas we currently make. Many competitive products use sodium hydroxide and do not list or ship as hazardous material even though they have a pH higher than our formulas. For the new person on the board, I have been the Bridgepoint chemist for over 15 years. Rob has done his homework and believe his products are the best. I have also done my homework and believe my products are the best. Let the best products win. https://cleanfax.com/chemistry/chemical-testing-cleaning-products/

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I think point is, I don't really see Rob running around saying Bridgepointe, ProChem etc are bad and evil - he just simply says be "mindful" of what can happen.

Which I carry Bridgepointe and ProChem on my truck as well, for instance Unduz it vs USOR - I really couldn't tell you which one is "better" but they have both worked for me.

I carry BioPro and BioBreak - honestly they seem exactly the same to me from a surface level lol, but if I run out of BioPro its easy to have BioBreak on the truck simply because there is an Interlink dealer 10 minutes from my house.

I trust both TMF and Bridgepointe - I do support Rob's vision and I understand his perspective.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I never fancied titles or legacies. Who remembers the guy that started the IICRC? Who made the 1st "S" bend AW 29 wand? How about 1st Truckmount? How about the 1st wand glide? Yes, I know them, but I'd venture to say 1 out of a 1000 might know one of them. Maybe, and a big maybe, they would know Ed York started the IICRC. Some people who said they knew him said he say he was a terrible person to be around. Yet the school persists to this day and has millions in the bank.

Personally I simply echo my main chemists words and main selling points. I value him saying he could buy cheaper quality but he refuses. I witnessed him making products for a huge company that dropped him when he refused to water down or buy inferior ingredients. It was very profitable for him. That was enough for me. I love high quality and consistency. Quality wins regardless of who I am or what I say or what title others bestow on me. In the end the market determines regardless of all the hoopla and noise.
Family legacy like to your son grandson etc..

Or legacy to people in general as someone who did good for others beyond himself not just oh that guy made a zillion bucks.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Family legacy like to your son grandson etc..

Or legacy to people in general as someone who did good for others beyond himself not just oh that guy made a zillion bucks.
Of course. Though I appreciate the calls/letters/emails/texts/messages/reviews I get each day, my legacy is not dependent on my business life as much as personal. I take care of my 92 year old mom, been married 38 years, my son works with me and my grandson I spend a lot of time with. Everything I do I do for them and I try to set a good example or legacy. Though imperfect, I hope they remember me for my love and genuine towards them and for spiritual reasons, not material. But I get what you say and appreciate your concern.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think point is, I don't really see Rob running around saying Bridgepointe, ProChem etc are bad and evil - he just simply says be "mindful" of what can happen.

Which I carry Bridgepointe and ProChem on my truck as well, for instance Unduz it vs USOR - I really couldn't tell you which one is "better" but they have both worked for me.

I carry BioPro and BioBreak - honestly they seem exactly the same to me from a surface level lol, but if I run out of BioPro its easy to have BioBreak on the truck simply because there is an Interlink dealer 10 minutes from my house.

I trust both TMF and Bridgepointe - I do support Rob's vision and I understand his perspective.
Tom Forsythe and Bridgepoint is good people.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have been very happy with all your products, service, and training materials Rob! Thank you for going out of your way to help share all these with us!
Though we have never met, I have never met a bitter person that was thankful. And I have never met a thankful person that was bitter. Thank you in return Lars.

Reactions: Scott W and Lars

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

I am sorry if you felt I should not of locked the thread but there was no good coming out of it, Rob and I disagree on somethings so we can leave it at that.
I never stated or implied that Rob was trying to gouge us with pricing, not sure how you could draw that from my posts. I was strictly asking about a different brand of chemicals and asking for feedback but the post was more about other things.

I have TMF chemicals on my van and use them daily but not every job needs to be a TMF pre spray job. I do wish that us members being grown adult business owners could freely discuss other brands without it turning out the way it did. Either way I do not hold hard feelings towards Rob and I give him the up most respect for what he has done and accomplished in our industry, we just have different opinions on somethings and that is not a bad thing.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I love Robs Products, I use them almost exclusively, my guys on the other hand believe that they can clean anything with cobbs powermax spiked with grout master... They don't get complaints so I don't care... I haven't been here much because we are absolutely swamped, need to hire a new guy fast. But the point of this thread seems to be about cost,,,

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE CHEMS COST BECAUSE ITS SO MINISCULE IN THE PRICE OF THE JOB.

When I roll up on a filthy nasty job, what do I care if I spend 10 scoops of cleaner on that job.. what does 10 scoops cost ? 5-10 bucks? when Im charging 350-500 for that job I could care less what the chems cost.

I am more worried about perfection and quality than I am on chem cost. Im getting close to running out of chems and ill be stocking up heavy on , Pure 02, grout master, Black Label, and robs secret formula... I use Black Label most of the time... and like the guy above said I use less of robs product most of the time than I do of other chems.

I can say that rob thinks of our health and is trying to make things that wont kill us because the Good Lord Knows ive exposed myself to these chems for 40 yrs and im shocked I don't have cancer...

First Choice guy is a great guy, we all have our opinions and I respect his.. Don't rag on the man !

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I love Robs Products, I use them almost exclusively, my guys on the other hand believe that they can clean anything with cobbs powermax spiked with grout master... They don't get complaints so I don't care... I haven't been here much because we are absolutely swamped, need to hire a new guy fast. But the point of this thread seems to be about cost,,,

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE CHEMS COST BECAUSE ITS SO MINISCULE IN THE PRICE OF THE JOB.

When I roll up on a filthy nasty job, what do I care if I spend 10 scoops of cleaner on that job.. what does 10 scoops cost ? 5-10 bucks? when Im charging 350-500 for that job I could care less what the chems cost.

I am more worried about perfection and quality than I am on chem cost. Im getting close to running out of chems and ill be stocking up heavy on , Pure 02, grout master, Black Label, and robs secret formula... I use Black Label most of the time... and like the guy above said I use less of robs product most of the time than I do of other chems.

I can say that rob thinks of our health and is trying to make things that wont kill us because the Good Lord Knows ive exposed myself to these chems for 40 yrs and im shocked I don't have cancer...

First Choice guy is a great guy, we all have our opinions and I respect his.. Don't rag on the man !
Have you tried the Red or Blue label? Also, you dont use any bio10k?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Have you tried the Red or Blue label? Also, you dont use any bio10k?
I have not tried red label or blue label,, I love black label so much I don't see how he could improve it... I love bio pro 10k but I still have some of it.. I use the bio pro for nylon and wool carpets (don't see a lot of those) so what is the difference in the red and blue label? is it just the scent?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I love grout master

Were you ever able to get the MSDS sheet on Groutmaster? I couldn't. And this was when I was using Grout master on a daily basis as well as being a Groutmaster Cheerleader.