Redirecting vacuum line?

Discussion in 'Modify Truckmounts & Portables' started by Raul Villalobos, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Raul Villalobos

Raul Villalobos New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wondering if anyone's redirected there vacuum line hookup from the blower to the back of the van. I run a Prochem Apex and the water and solution lines are live and and thought it would be much more efficient to hook up the vacuum hose at the rear of the vehicle, next to the reel, instead of having to go the side of the van and hookup the traditional way. Thoughts?

2. PhilipW

PhilipW Active Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    South Carolina
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Easy as pie - you can run PVC or flex vacuum hose from waste tank to the rear of the van. I can get some pictures of my set-up later, I ran dual 2" PVC to the back of the van, where I run 2x2" up to an inline filter. I use short pieces of vac hose to connect to the top lid of the waste tank.

Live vacuum reels, however, are generally not a good idea- too much vacuum is lost when you go out longer, better to keep as short as possible unless you have a huge blower

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raul Villalobos

Mar 28, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Perfect! I'd love to see your setup! Do you feel that you've lost suction by redirecting that line?

4. PhilipW

PhilipW Active Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    South Carolina
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    I've gained suction by going to 2x2. But my original 2" line was run from waste tank to back door by the install guys at TCS. The amount you would lose by going the length of your van is negligible, you gotta get the hose from the machine to the carpet somehow whether it's back door or front

• Like Like x 1
  5. Raul Villalobos

Mar 28, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Makes sense. Was your suction considerably improved running and 2x2 and the inline? Don't really know much about it but I hear everyone doing it

6. PhilipW

PhilipW Active Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    South Carolina
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    By running 2 inch lines to the door you will see a marked improvement in performance, as long as the inlet of your blower is bigger than 2 inches. The vac system is only as good as the weakest link

7. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +821 / 4 / -0
    Don't over think it... By routing the vac line to the back of the van would be no different than hooking the hose up to the from of the machine and running it around the van. I had a customer who ran 8 vans and mostly did apartments so they rarely had alot of space on the side door to parking lot restrictions... They ran the hoses out the back of all the vans.