Red Bull Stratos. MISSION TO THE EDGE OF SPACE. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Red Bull Stratos. MISSION TO THE EDGE OF SPACE.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
To a certain extent. altitude in sky diving is just like flying, it's your friend. It allows you more time to deal with any problems that may arise.
I'm no expert in these things, just jumped once, and pulled my own chute. ACF or accelerated free fall I believe it was called. Would love to bungee jump once as well.
Last week in Vegas I saw them jumping off the Stratosphere and thought if I had the money I'd pf done it.
@Torrey, you remember what they charged to do that?

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
To a certain extent. altitude in sky diving is just like flying, it's your friend. It allows you more time to deal with any problems that may arise.
I'm no expert in these things, just jumped once, and pulled my own chute. ACF or accelerated free fall I believe it was called. Would love to bungee jump once as well.
Last week in Vegas I saw them jumping off the Stratosphere and thought if I had the money I'd pf done it.
@Torrey, you remember what they charged to do that?

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
^ lol ^

I've sky dived before, tandem, I didn't want to do it solo because that's too much responsibility for my first jump, did I mention I had a fear of heights at the time?

Watching people fall out of a perfectly well built airplane was an odd experience.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
^ lol ^

I've sky dived before, tandem, I didn't want to do it solo because that's too much responsibility for my first jump, did I mention I had a fear of heights at the time?

Watching people fall out of a perfectly well built airplane was an odd experience.

I'm afraid of heights as well. My girlfriend at the time was an avid skydiver. She had told me that since I was afraid of heights I should jump first as I'd freak out seeing how fast people drop when the jump. Knowing this I made sure I was the first one on the plane. Only to realize that I'd now be the last one to jump. :eek:
Watching them all drop like rocks out of the place was very disconcerting. My buddy who was 6'4" tall and weighed a solid 255 lbs. was right in front of me and turned into a tiny speck inside of a second or two.
Was definitely a rush.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
9.8 m/s/s, buddy. That translates to an "Oh SHIT!" real fast.

There was a chute that was set to go if he exceeded a certain amount of G's in the initial minute or so. They knew that he'd not be able to control the jump until he reached a much lower altitude, due to the lack of air.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
9.8 m/s/s, buddy. That translates to an "Oh SHIT!" real fast.

There was a chute that was set to go if he exceeded a certain amount of G's in the initial minute or so. They knew that he'd not be able to control the jump until he reached a much lower altitude, due to the lack of air.

Guess he's pretty good at holding his breath then. o_O

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Much respect to that man. I just wonder how a guy can even begin to train to accomplish such a thing. He obviously had a big sponser but that is crazy. I wonder what it took just to get him in orbit?

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
He was not in orbit. You can't get there without propulsion. He just had a REALLY big helium balloon.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
He's also defined as an "Extreme Athlete". I'm pretty sure that means that whenever he says "Hey, ya'll, watch THIS!" that he actually pulls it off, instead of ending up in the hospital like the rest of us mere mortals...;)