Recurring Residential Maintenance Package | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Recurring Residential Maintenance Package

Dantsull

May 6, 2018
Real Name
Dan Sullivan
Do any of you offer a recurring maintenance package to your residential customers?
I have been working on the numbers and have pitched it at a current client:
Their home cost is X for the HWE. They try to have it done twice a year due to parties but find that that is not enough. I have developed a package that we both like which provides them with HWE then quarterly VLM. They like the numbers but, do not want to pay up front, but, each time when the work is complete.
The problem is that I anticipate that if I do the HWE and then in 90 days do the VLM, they may look at their carpet, after 180 days, see that the carpet is in good nick and decide to wait.

I appreciate you

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
What's in it for the customer?
They can just call for service whenever they want it.
Now if you took the annual service contract that landscape companies use, you may have a pitch.
So you take 2 HWE and 2 VLM services per year, total the cost and divide it by 12 monthly payments.
Customer gets a budget friendly bill that is easier to pay than a big bill.
The risk for you is you do the first service and start monthly billing and they stop paying you in month 2.

Dantsull

May 6, 2018
Real Name
Dan Sullivan
What's in it for the customer?
They can just call for service whenever they want it.
Now if you took the annual service contract that landscape companies use, you may have a pitch.
So you take 2 HWE and 2 VLM services per year, total the cost and divide it by 12 monthly payments.
Customer gets a budget friendly bill that is easier to pay than a big bill.
The risk for you is you do the first service and start monthly billing and they stop paying you in month 2.
Thanks Pete, the last point is the drama. I have am prepared to ask for the 12 month bill up front which will require faith on their part.
Any division of the bill leads to me taking the leap of faith until the last payment.
Thanks for the response.

Dantsull

May 6, 2018
Real Name
Dan Sullivan
Sounds complicated and unlikely
I'm with you Mike, it is complicated and unlikely, but, I have felt that way about many service additions and have been surprised.
I think that it is a matter of me showing value in what I am offering them.
I have tried to compare it to their yard service showing them that they are spending $1700/year on that but only about $800 on their carpets. They like the parallel and the idea but, as I try to make it happen, I realize that the difference is if they don't pay the lawn guy and if he doesn't come, the yard overgrows within weeks. If I don't come, they can likely hold out for months.

So, a contract seems to be the answer, I simply have no experience with that.

Thanks

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
ask yourself would you pay upfront for a service agreement??

Myself no way Jose!

Reactions: MikeGaure

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I can only see this working for a restaurant or hotel that is constantly getting trashed

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah I agree, we do something similar to this but it's more like booking them every 6 or 12 months. About a week before their appointment they get a reminder, even if they reschedule it keeps the customer in our pipeline but with little pressure

• Wow
Reactions: Mama Fen and Odin