Recovery tank for Amtex Proer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
I have made a recovery tank for my Prowler out of 2 plastic sealed 55 gallon drums hooked up to the pump out hose. I was wondering if this will be effective in the long term? It seems to work but I have not used it for very long. On the second drum I leave the cap off the second hole to exhaust it. Vacuum seems to be uneffected but wondering about any adverse effects to machine. The way I have it hooked is I run the discharge hose to first tank and than have a short section of 2 in hose running to second tank. I have not run it long enough to fill one tank completely and see if it flows into Second drum and how it will effect machine. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Zarz

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Real Name
John Zahra
Business Location
Australia
Utilizing the waste tanks as you are will not effect Vacuum at all. You have done well. However if it looks as tho you are going to fill both tanks I would look at adding a dc pump out for your bigger jobs so that you can have it auto pump out. But to be honest, the prowlers are designed to simply pump out as you work.

Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
I put a hose bib on the bottom of both drums and I have a small electric pump if needed. I can run a garden hose to hose bib and drain using gravity when necessary. I was curious about overheating machine or if that's even an issue. If I figured right Ben says it can pump out 300 feet if hose which I figured was equivalent to about 45-50 gallons. In other words 300 feet of 2 inch hose has the same restrictions as a 55 gallon drum.