Recommendations for a rotary... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Recommendations for a rotary...

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Hey guys, I am looking for a rotary, or something with a little more punch than my wand. It there a good product I can use on residential and commercial? More for commercial, but also for nasty rentals, etc. is the zipper a good machine? Used a rotovac in the past, but wasn't real impressed. But to their defense, I was using a porty at the time. I'm sure it's a much better product with higher pressure, higher heat, and better vacuum. Looking for ideas.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
I'd pass on the Rotohac if you want to use it for commercial AND residential.
RX20 would be the way to go, just add glides to the star and you're ready for anything.
I have the HE model with three jets and it performs very well on comm. and resi., you don't HAVE to have the older, slow speed model if you can't find one. They will both serve your needs well.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Be sure to take the CX-15 for a trial. It uses the rotary action of water jets similar to a tile spinner but adjusted for carpet. Gret vacuum design on this toolg ets carpet very dry in just one pass which saves some time on multiple dry passes.
Watch the video here - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW115

Then go try it for yourself at the closest Interlink Supply.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Be sure to take the CX-15 for a trial. It uses the rotary action of water jets similar to a tile spinner but adjusted for carpet. Gret vacuum design on this toolg ets carpet very dry in just one pass which saves some time on multiple dry passes.
Watch the video here - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW115
While I love my CX15 and am one of its biggest fans, it's not well suited to furnished homes or dense, cheap polyesters. On just about everything else, it excels. Even area rugs, wool and synthetic, and nasty walkoff mats in restaurants.
RX20 is still the best rotary for both CGD AND residential work.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rotovac XL

Heavy duty, most versatile (tile, prescrub, post bonnet or encap) and cleans great esp residential.

CX 15

Great for commercial greasy spoons

Zipper

Well built, heavy wand great for open CGD

Cimex

King of CGD

RX 20

Good for resi and comm. Becomes great with glides.

Moral;

There is no wonder all in one tool. A true craftsman has many tools at his disposal. Shouldn't you?

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
I outfit all my trucks with old low speed RX-20s. Rebuildable, durable, and versatile. Two of them may be older than some of you here!

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
The cx-15 doesn't look very residential friendly unless the home is completely empty. The zipper looks to be a bit smaller which looks like it would work better in a residential setting. I don't want to by 2 rotatrys but it looks like maybe a zipper for residential and s rx20 or cx15 for commercial.