Recommend me a stubby stair tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Recommend me a stubby stair tool

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
Right now I'm looking at the pmf and TMF stair tools. Any others I should consider? I want a quality tool, and don't mind dishing out a few extra dollars for the right one. Looking for opinions/recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
Have that one. Want one shorter. Almost as small as an upholstery tool but with a handle and 06 jet

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is our tool of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I like my new stair tool , it only took me 24 years to get one .
On some I still use my PC upholstery tool to detail the corners and edges .
4 jet 02s baby .
2016-11-07 13.29.52.jpg

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
4 jet 02s baby .
View attachment 67973
It's a 40 " length ? I use 29" on medium soiled steps . On lightly soiled stairs I get away with one of my light weight regular West pak 2 jet wands.
Congratulations to your life time achievement.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Right now I'm looking at the pmf and TMF stair tools. Any others I should consider? I want a quality tool, and don't mind dishing out a few extra dollars for the right one. Looking for opinions/recommendations.

Whatever you decide for, refrain from using upholstery tool of any kind, please. I know , many of us us'em
as excuse for detailing bull nose or side edges. I watch my aging knees and do everything, but kneel , in order to make steps look very presentable, including final dry with end of hose or some sort of contraption I make. I'm not ready to get artificial ones yet. My rule of thumb, longer the handle, less bending is involved. Obviously, cleaning has to be supported by pressure, jets, flow , CFM & lift and little CC's love. Once a year I leave carpet wet, but never on the stairs. That's my rule

Reactions: aloha one

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
This is our tool of choice.

I use the same stubby stair tool rob showed in his video. I'll admit for 20 years I just used the carpet wand and I still do occasionally but the more I use the stair tool the more I like it. I bought my stair tool from the TMF store.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I use the same stubby stair tool rob showed in his video. I'll admit for 20 years I just used the carpet wand and I still do occasionally but the more I use the stair tool the more I like it. I bought my stair tool from the TMF store.
I plan on ordering one before the end of the year :)

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Love the prochem stair tool

I used that Prochem tool for a number of years and still have it. I've been using a short S bend stair tool for a while now and much prefer it over the Prochem. Does just as good a job in a lot less time and effort. Neither tool is perfect for stairs, but the the design of the mini- wand style with a 10 inch vacuum slot sure is a whole lot easier and faster. Just last Monday I decided to pull my old Prochem out. Haven't used it in several years. It took a lot longer to do a standard set of stairs w/o any improvement in quality of the job. The tool I'm using cost almost 1/3'rd the amount of the Prochem tool.

skg

Oct 30, 2011
Real Name
Kurt Gardner
Business Location
United States

I purchased a a fairly new van and tm (200 hrs) setup that was a repo. It came with a lot of equipment including a stubby stair tool that I've never used.

It's for sale to anyone who wants it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I take the handles off of mine. Find them lighter and easier to maneuver on risers and bull nose.

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert

I purchased a a fairly new van and tm (200 hrs) setup that was a repo. It came with a lot of equipment including a stubby stair tool that I've never used.

Price??

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino

That's the one I use and its a great tool very lightweight. I also turn pressure down to 300psi and use it on furniture sometines have to use a smaller tool for detail but it works great for cushions pillows and bases

Sent from my XT907 using TMF Forums mobile app

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
4 jet 02s baby .
View attachment 67973
It's 1.5" tube with a 1.75" flare? How heavy is that? I like it a lot. Can you share source, please