Reappearing Stains | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Reappearing Stains

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey Guys, I had a call back the other day from a customers house I cleaned that had water stains.

I’ve treated these before with just my usual pre-spray and fiber rinse but stain came back the next day.

After some research on here I decided to use Pros Choice Stain 1 to treat the problem. As soon as I applied it the stain disappeared but the next day she called again complaining it turned pink.

I asked her to send some pictures and in the pictures it just looks like it just returned again as a slight brownish color but I’m not sure how to continue.

Should I just extract with fiber rinse again and put a couple fans on it and hang out till it dries?

The carpet is Berber I did not do a fiber test, but I believe the first time I cleaned i May have left them too wet which is why the stain reappeared the first time. I use the evolution wand which has a glide on it. I feel on berbers it just doesn’t recover water that well especially if the rug is not completely flat and has the textured look/pattern with different heights within the carpet.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Do you have any way to bonnet ? Before you try to reclean, take a clean white towel , mist the spot and see if you get transfer to the towel.
If so you may be able to correct by running bonnets over it .

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Yes I have a bonnet, I’m actually on my way over to the job with it now so I will try this!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Yes I have a bonnet, I’m actually on my way over to the job with it now so I will try this!
Mix some of your acid rinse 1:10 in a spray bottle and apply it then use the bonnet.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Bonnet clean either with the acid as Todd suggested or an encapsulation product. Keep the level of moisture low. I prefer Bridgepoint's Encapuclean O2 for this type of job since it has the hydrogen peroxide whitener.

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Just wanted to give an update to this that the stain came right out with a bonnet and some acid rinse. Thank you for your suggestions and Scott I actually did have some encapucoean O2 that I was going to follow up with if the bonnet method failed. The encapuclean was actually bought for a browning problem I had 2 years ago from your tip!

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Just wanted to give an update to this that the stain came right out with a bonnet and some acid rinse. Thank you for your suggestions and Scott I actually did have some encapucoean O2 that I was going to follow up with if the bonnet method failed. The encapuclean was actually bought for a browning problem I had 2 years ago from your tip!
And it’s a fresh bottle not the original lol

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Thanks for coming back and posting a follow up, very helpful brother!