Direct Mail EDDM - Really want to reach out to people | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Really want to reach out to people

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I'm in the Southeastern Orlando, FL mainly want both honestly. What can I do as networking? I'm using Facebook and Google but I don't pay to advertise in Google to expensive. I will have to see movers and house cleaning companies to try my services.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

It's been mentioned a few times above go introduce yourself to people that see a lot of other people. That's networking you meet people connected to other people on a personal level or business level

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Get to know GCs in your area, as well as realtors and rental agencies. New construction or renovation often calls for a quick clean-up job. Reach out to the other carpet cleaners in your immediate vicinity and build a network, much like this one here. If you're interested in doing restaurant/light commercial work, that's easy - go in and introduce yourself. If the owner says "I already have someone", thank them for their time and give them your card as a backup in case their normal provider is busy.

Best marketing I've seen is my guys who parked the van at the busiest gas station in town and detailed it. This was during rush hour traffic when everyone is sitting still and has nothing better to do. The phone number was in bright electric blue on a dark background, easy to read from the road. They paid for a monthly car wash program and that's it. They'd book multiple jobs EVERY DAY that way. And got a clean van out of it, too!

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I'm in the Southeastern Orlando, FL mainly want both honestly. What can I do as networking? I'm using Facebook and Google but I don't pay to advertise in Google to expensive. I will have to see movers and house cleaning companies to try my services.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
I had no shame when it came to my business, and might be out of someone's comfort zone. Carry your business cards around religiously. If you and your wife go out to eat give a card to the restaurant manager... See a landscaper working in a yard give a card to him. See a maid service going into a house, give a card to them. Give your card to your doctor and dentist. We received work from all these people throughout the years. All it takes is handing out your business card.

Door hangers are a great way not to speak to people. I am a big believer in talking and knocking... It is hard to do in the beginning. But write yourself a script and start knocking on doors... IF you can I highly recommend having your wife or girlfriend do this for you... I always received better results then my husband... Then again we are opposites, so that might have been it also...

Not Saying you have to be like him... But I watched a lot of these different sales videos. There was also one hat was posted my a carpet cleaner but he removed it...

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
A good place to start is your chamber of commerce monthly networking night. Its usually free and you can make alot of great contacts. It sounds like your sales skills arent to seasoned. Just be yourself and make them like you. People only do business with people they like. Also each realty office has a monthly luncheon usually. Try to speak at those ( you may have to bring dessert or something).

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

John Davidson

Aug 4, 2016
Real Name
John Davidson
Since your target area is very large i would say to narrow it down and really focus on a particular zone. Saturate that zone so that everyone knows you are the carpet cleaning guy. I know a guy in another market who went to the local businesses and asked to put a sign in their window (paid) and another who made an agreement with a pizza joint to have them pass out his flyers with every pizza (again paid). He was able to do it profitably.

John Davidson

Aug 4, 2016
Real Name
John Davidson
Since your target area is very large i would say to narrow it down and really focus on a particular zone. Saturate that zone so that everyone knows you are the carpet cleaning guy. I know a guy in another market who went to the local businesses and asked to put a sign in their window (paid) and another who made an agreement with a pizza joint to have them pass out his flyers with every pizza (again paid). He was able to do it profitably.