Direct Mail EDDM - Really want to reach out to people | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Really want to reach out to people

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Can I get help from you experts out there on what steps to take to reach customers? Mainly home owners or just building relationships with new clients. How can I go about marketing in such a huge area? For a one man van operation at the current moment.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
What have you tried so far?

Most of the guys on here for residential do flyers, door hangers. Tons and tons of threads on here about that stuff.

Don't know of many going the cold call route.

Then of course there's the website site avenue and directing traffic to it with SEO.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Commercial side go visit some flooring stores, Great referral sources.

Also network with your competition just had my 5th "competitor" give us a job today!

He's actually new here on TMF I don't mind working with other quality cleaners there's no way I could clean all carpets in my town.

If "he" hadn't been willing to reach out to us he'd possibly lose out on a large customer but we were able to help. I will not in any wise attempt to get his acct either.

@mjb4ex

So depends on what your looking for. This helps getting residential customers through these referral sources

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
What have you tried so far?

Most of the guys on here for residential do flyers, door hangers. Tons and tons of threads on here about that stuff.

Don't know of many going the cold call route.

Then of course there's the website site avenue and directing traffic to it with SEO.
Most subdivisions don't allow soliciting. I've put Facebook I'm on Home Advisor. That's about it see lots talk about emailing which I have no clue where to start there. Craiglists seems to be real cheap due to run down companies doing pennies on the dollar work I offer quality and professional work but it seems to be tough not having many sources.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez

Also network with your competition just had my 5th "competitor" give us a job today!

He's actually new here on TMF I don't mind working with other quality cleaners there's no way I could clean all carpets in my town.

If "he" hadn't been willing to reach out to us he'd possibly lose out on a large customer but we were able to help. I will not in any wise attempt to get his acct either.

@mjb4ex

So depends on what your looking for. This helps getting residential customers through these referral sources
I will try that for sure. Thanks

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler

@mjb4ex

Thanks again Mike! You really saved my butt. I've had good luck networking with landscapers lately. Every time I see one mowing a lawn or cleaning something up, I try to give them business cards. They usually work for the same time of people that need our services as well...property managers and real estate agents or homeowners trying to rent or sell a house.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Thanks again Mike! You really saved my butt. I've had good luck networking with landscapers lately. Every time I see one mowing a lawn or cleaning something up, I try to give them business cards. They usually work for the same time of people that need our services as well...property managers and real estate agents or homeowners trying to rent or sell a house.
I'll see you in 30 min or so

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Can I get help from you experts out there on what steps to take to reach customers? Mainly home owners or just building relationships with new clients. How can I go about marketing in such a huge area? For a one man van operation at the current moment.
What side of the country are you on?

What is your target group? Residential - owned / Residential Renter / Residential Property Manager
Commercial Carpet Cleaning?

Have you tried networking? House cleaning companies that don't have a carpet cleaner? Moving companies? Flooring establishments etc.

Are you marketing to previous clients? Asking for referrals?

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

CarpetCleaner630

May 8, 2014
Real Name
Tom Wasiljew
Hey guys, I've recently bought a truck and truckmount and I'm trying to find clients now. What do you say do these people and businesses when you first approach them? I want to start going door to door to network but I don't know what to say to them other then I own a carpet cleaning business and I would love some referrals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've recently finished my website and have some basic SEO for it. Going to be a difficult task getting onto the front page of google so not wanting to put all my eggs in one basket I'm going to get door hangers made and start placing them all around the neighborhood.

I'm also planning on getting flyers made to hand out to people in front of busy stores and such.

I'm also contemplating cold calling but again I don't know what I would say and I'm not sure how effective it would be. I've quit my job to go full time into this business and I have yet to get a customer. Money is going fast and sadly, I'm starting to get desperate. I've actually thought about offering to clean peoples homes for free just so I can hopefully get referrals from them

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
Hey guys, I've recently bought a truck and truckmount and I'm trying to find clients now. What do you say do these people and businesses when you first approach them? I want to start going door to door to network but I don't know what to say to them other then I own a carpet cleaning business and I would love some referrals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've recently finished my website and have some basic SEO for it. Going to be a difficult task getting onto the front page of google so not wanting to put all my eggs in one basket I'm going to get door hangers made and start placing them all around the neighborhood.

I'm also planning on getting flyers made to hand out to people in front of busy stores and such.

I'm also contemplating cold calling but again I don't know what I would say and I'm not sure how effective it would be. I've quit my job to go full time into this business and I have yet to get a customer. Money is going fast and sadly, I'm starting to get desperate. I've actually thought about offering to clean peoples homes for free just so I can hopefully get referrals from them
I'm new to the business as well, 6 months in, but I'm not doing too bad. There's nothing wrong with doing free work, simple marketing cost. Offer to clean a house for multiple real estate agents or property managers. If I have time, I knock all the doors around the house I just cleaned. It works. Specially if they know Mrs Jones and can call or go over and see how good of a job you did. Try to avoid any verbiage that hints at your inexperience. I usually say "hi, I'm so and so with xyz carpet cleaning. Was cleaning Mrs. Jones carpet next door and want to tell her neighbors about my summer special real quick..." you live in a big city or little city? Little city it's a lot less expensive to get to to number 1 on Google. I personally think Google my business is more important and much easier than search engine optimization for your site. Little city, AdWords, seo, and Google my biz is going to be cheaper and easier. Bigger city it sounds like you won't be able to afford to be competitive with adwords or seo. Either way, if I was in your shoes, I'd be knocking every door I could or going to every busy. I still do in between jobs or in my down time

Sent from my XT1585 using TMF Forums mobile app

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
And a little tough love, but the only thing you said you've done is make a website with mild seo. Everything else you've contemplated, planned or wanted to do. Sounds.like you haven't done anything to go get business

CarpetCleaner630

May 8, 2014
Real Name
Tom Wasiljew
Ya, introducing myself to the neighbors surround a house I just cleaned would seem to be a bit easier. I'm more curious as to what you say if you approach a business in hopes of getting referrals. So when you go knocking door to door to you just introduce yourself and tell them about your specials? I'm pretty terrible when It comes to sales and I'm not sure to to say to these people or businesses when I approach them which I feel is the main reason I haven't started going door to door yet

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
I usually approach the business in hopes of trying to clean carpet there. Then let them know I have a summer special for houses and also clean upholstery, tile and grout and mattresses

CarpetCleaner630

May 8, 2014
Real Name
Tom Wasiljew
And a little tough love, but the only thing you said you've done is make a website with mild seo. Everything else you've contemplated, planned or wanted to do. Sounds.like you haven't done anything to go get business

No your absolutely right. I just finished making my website yesterday. Now I'm in the process of making door hangers which I'll have ordered by tonight. Since I'm learning how to create all these things on my own I have to focus making one thing at a time but once I have all my material I'm going to go out full force. Just trying to get some ideas and input for when I talk to homeowners and business owners face to face

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Around $1000 - $1500

Sent from my SM-G900P using TMF Forums mobile app
Thats more than enough to get the ball rolling.

- Facebook Advertising
- Door Hangers
- Plastic gift cards to use with a referral program and to build strategic relationships with vets, pet stores, flooring stores, vacuum stores etc...
- Lead generating websites (whatever works in your area, Thumbtack, Angles list, Yelp, Home Advisor).

In that order...

Work on your SEO when you're home.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
What side of the country are you on?

What is your target group? Residential - owned / Residential Renter / Residential Property Manager
Commercial Carpet Cleaning?

Have you tried networking? House cleaning companies that don't have a carpet cleaner? Moving companies? Flooring establishments etc.

Are you marketing to previous clients? Asking for referrals?
I'm in the Southeastern Orlando, FL mainly want both honestly. What can I do as networking? I'm using Facebook and Google but I don't pay to advertise in Google to expensive. I will have to see movers and house cleaning companies to try my services.