Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don't think Facebook is the issue. Almost every top poster and other members have left here pissed off for some reason or another.
I understand where you're coming from. However consider this. I am a member of car, body building and few other forums out there. Every single one is down 70-80% and yet their FB groups are up and growing like exponentially. I am also a member of a millionaires club. They talk about all current business trends. Every single one has said the same thing.

Lastly, FB targeted "forums" to gain market share. They made it user friendly, super fast and a one stop shop for personal and business. To say they have been successful is a major understatement. With think group tanks they made it easy for anyone to start a "forum" per se and take members away from forums. It was genius, or disingenuous depending on your viewpoint. They have made billions while building a monstrous platform, dismantled most forums in the process and now have control over most thought. No wonder they are one richest platforms on the planet.

Reactions: Swani21

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I don't think Facebook is the issue. Almost every top poster and other members have left here pissed off for some reason or another.
They seem to being replaced by new members (joined in the last year or sooner). The new ones act like they are trying to prove something by any means. The BS is getting really deep in almost every post. No more posts to help each other now it's all political or conspiracy theories.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
They seem to being replaced by new members (joined in the last year or sooner). The new ones act like they are trying to prove something by any means. The BS is getting really deep in almost every post. No more posts to help each other now it's all political or conspiracy theories.

I am thinning out the political posts and trouble makers.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It would be appreciative if someone would also thin out the spammer accounts on here.
Same ones, reported several times and nothing done.
Actually every report you make I handle. If you could tag me in the thread that would expedite matters. Thanks for the help.

shane deubell 1

Jun 21, 2012
I remember @groutguy and many others, most of us migrated to facebook as Rob stated. Think some day people might come back to forums to some degree because you can explain things more in depth.

Facebook is mostly live videos and links, not a whole lot of room to explain anything in text.

Every group in social media I have found people get sick of each other for one reason or another eventually.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I remember @groutguy and many others, most of us migrated to facebook as Rob stated. Think some day people might come back to forums to some degree because you can explain things more in depth.

Facebook is mostly live videos and links, not a whole lot of room to explain anything in text.

Every group in social media I have found people get sick of each other for one reason or another eventually.
Life and business is truly cyclical.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Facebook moves too fast for me. I remember getting criticized for writing 3 sentences, even though that person ran a five minute video. I asked him how long it took to read three sentences versus listen to a five minute video. He got the point and laughed. It is hard for me to give any substantive answer to any question in a paragraph let alone a couple of sentences. Also I like to engage in cleaning discussions more than product discussions, except to answer simple questions about our products.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Facebook didn't help things, but I watched the place decline before Facebook did it's thing.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Facebook didn't help things, but I watched the place decline before Facebook did it's thing.

7b1ab8754319baad2c118410329e973d.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It would be appreciative if someone would also thin out the spammer accounts on here.
Same ones, reported several times and nothing done.
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Feel free to message me if you see any other.

Reactions: Kevin Dumas

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Johnny Bravo stated it clearly and directly which I agree with when he said:

"Facebook didn't help things, but I watched the place decline before Facebook did it's thing."

IMHO, The reason for this as Rob also recognized, were the influx of a few "trouble makers" with specific agendas.

I clearly remember years and years ago when other carpet cleaning boards got started. There were some really good ones to, (just like this board) not kidding. However, within time (similar btw, to whats happening on facebook, etc...) the trouble makers infiltrate and ruin it forcing the good people away.

I have always stated that: if you strip the Earth of all its Gold, then all you'll have left are dirt and rocks.

There is a lot more to this situation of others ruining good board (s) based on my experience and that of some others, however, I will leave it at that.