Real Estate Agents - are they a PITA? or are they Lucrative?-- what say you... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Real Estate Agents - are they a PITA? or are they Lucrative?-- what say you...

POLL >> Real Estate Agents - are they a PITA? or are they Lucrative?

• Real Estate Agents are a PITA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Estate Agents are Lucrative

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I Don't do enough work for Realtors to comment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
you have to realize the environment they work in. Its a go, go, go job. So when they call you will need to be ready to respond right away.

Other than that, they are the best referral machines out there. They know EVERYBODY!

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It depends on the agent and listing. Some want it done yesterday, some are willing to wait a few days.

Make sure the home has power and water or that you can supply those if needed. Also make sure to discuss payment BEFORE you commit to the job. Some agents are willing to pay upfront, others expect that you will wait for payment until the sale closes. That could be days to months or a year. Usually you can work with them and once you establish a rapport with them it should be smooth sailing.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
funny, there have only been a couple instances where the Realtor actually paid for the job. Usually the person selling the house writes the check.

Either way, the person selling the house has put their trust in the Realtor and when the Realtor says they work with xyz painter or xyz carpet cleaner, the seller almost always goes along with that recommendation.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
hard to vote one or another... select realtors are great, many are worthless to work for. We keep some really good ones around and they are well worth it.
definitely our experience also. had one i told too lose my number they were so bad

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
you have to realize the environment they work in. Its a go, go, go job. So when they call you will need to be ready to respond right away.

Other than that, they are the best referral machines out there. They know EVERYBODY!
How do you personally manage to balance keeping an orderly stable schedule but still remaining available for when the go, go, go realtors call?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
It depends on the agent and listing. Some want it done yesterday, some are willing to wait a few days.

Make sure the home has power and water or that you can supply those if needed. Also make sure to discuss payment BEFORE you commit to the job. Some agents are willing to pay upfront, others expect that you will wait for payment until the sale closes. That could be days to months or a year. Usually you can work with them and once you establish a rapport with them it should be smooth sailing.
Do you actively go out to find Realtors or do they typically find you?

And the Realtors that you have worked for in the past, what %percentage% of them call you within a 6-12 month period?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
hard to vote one or another... select realtors are great, many are worthless to work for. We keep some really good ones around and they are well worth it.
like "select" Realtors.

How do you determine which Realtors are 'select' and which to throw in the dumpster fire?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I have a bunch of awesome realtors that throw tons of work my way, but I also have a wont work for that realtor list because they gave jobs and never paid...

mostly its awesome

LOL... i wish i had kept a list of the deadbeats.

I wish there was a way to disqualify the deadbeats before they tie up time & resources. Somehow they always seem to sneak in.

Did your past deadbeat realtors find you via SEO or Social Media marketing or were they referred to you?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
funny, there have only been a couple instances where the Realtor actually paid for the job. Usually the person selling the house writes the check.

Either way, the person selling the house has put their trust in the Realtor and when the Realtor says they work with xyz painter or xyz carpet cleaner, the seller almost always goes along with that recommendation.

Nice.

I agree. Trust is already Built In.

No song and dance, USP, selling...etc required.
The customers are literally following orders/demands to use us.

This is Nirvana!!! - lol

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
We work with a few, one in particular is great. Schedules ahead, doesn't care about price and pays in 2 days. She has a couple vendors for each modality that have different price points, we only get the tough carpet and tile jobs, which is totally ok. I track and reward Realtors when it's time to do work at there house, speaking to their wallet works well for jobs that require zero advertising.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
LOL... i wish i had kept a list of the deadbeats.

I wish there was a way to disqualify the deadbeats before they tie up time & resources. Somehow they always seem to sneak in.

Did your past deadbeat realtors find you via SEO or Social Media marketing or were they referred to you?
no they were referrals themselves