Rate My Sales Thread

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I think the point if his thread was to brag about numbers but when asked a simple question he is worried his numbers and pricing won’t add up and then we will find out it was bologna. Can’t prove it but because he got so defensive so quick that is my hunch....

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
I found value in this thread. I see this thread as a good example of how one person can have an idea that they are trying to articulate to a group and it goes south fast. Happens for a lot of reasons. Happens to me far to often in my life and I am learning from it. Being an outsider in the conversation I see wisdom coming out from others point of view of the scenario. I am glad that Lucky was willing to show a different perspective. It is a good lesson to learn without having to pay the price for that lesson myself. I was recently in the "principles office" and was being reminded to pay attention to the message my wording was giving to customers. I am very grateful for that lesson.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Releasing sales number is jabbering ? What competitive edge is Total Carpet Cleaning from Todd Benne going to do with those numbers ? People ask all the time about real numbers. Maybe I'm simply tired of the bullshit. I've never even heard of Todd and I run in many circles in this market. I didn't release our trade secrets or marketing angles and many public companies have to release financial info.

What a bunch of bull Luky.
See, in our industry is important to control emotions and you've graduated. I got your point, I would share my own observations and all comes to a point that sometime you won't reach right audience.
My personal experience. In tumultuous 2008 I lost so much money that for somebody it would be the end of the road. If I disclosed it, it would be joke to some and to some, well who knows. ...
I like your line" It's not important, how much money do you make, more important is how much of it you're not going to spend .
$3 rule : spend $1, lent $1 and save $1 for your retirement. Instead of lending $1 should be investing, but we would completely missed human touch....
You're still good man, great professional and above all , human being...

Last edited:

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I found value in this thread. I see this thread as a good example of how one person can have an idea that they are trying to articulate to a group and it goes south fast. Happens for a lot of reasons. Happens to me far to often in my life and I am learning from it. Being an outsider in the conversation I see wisdom coming out from others point of view of the scenario. I am glad that Lucky was willing to show a different perspective. It is a good lesson to learn without having to pay the price for that lesson myself. I was recently in the "principles office" and was being reminded to pay attention to the message my wording was giving to customers. I am very grateful for that lesson.
And that is the point when conversation is being lifted to a different level. Congratulations@Allred..

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I think the point if his thread was to brag about numbers but when asked a simple question he is worried his numbers and pricing won’t add up and then we will find out it was bologna. Can’t prove it but because he got so defensive so quick that is my hunch....
I prefer pan fried bologna with boar's head mustard.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
you guys should be taking these numbers as motivation... I have a local company here that does $8+ million/ year, but I only see that as huge motivation... I dont find hate for them.

I think he took someone googling and looking up company name then calling it out publicly as somewhat rude, rightfully so.

We are here to talk about business, I dont think there is anything wrong with telling some numbers.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Id agree, someone makes a statement to start a discussion that does no harm to anyone and someone else gets butt hurt and starts being hatefull..... pretty retarded

Last edited:

ToddBenne

Sep 7, 2008
O' fallon, MO.
Real Name
Todd Benne
Matt, aka, OxiFreshGuy, let's take a breath and relax. First off, understand you are engaging with a forum full of one truck owner/op who actually own their company and gather upon the internet looking for motivation and often the silver bullet that will propel them into excess monetary bliss. So, when you say "my company" you led everyone to think you owned the company, you had an equity in the company...you do not, you are an employee, at this point anyway as you indicate in January you will see about becoming a partner at some level. You see, you got some guys all excited seeing that "my company" did $56k/month, and they wanted to believe you were just one of them.

As to "upsell like crazy" that was a positive acknowledgment of how they go from say your employer's 6 rooms for $198 to $xyz to generate the $56k/month. You say the techs do not upsell and it is forbidden, yet you say the only upsells are pet odor, protectant and other services. Isn't that upselling?

As to any marketing secrets, all I have ever seen is the early morning tv commercial on the local tv morning program . You do not service my area and I do not service yours'.

Regarding the circles you run in and you have never heard of me...you're in the wrong circles. :)

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Lot of successfull multi truck guys on this forum @ToddBenne not just struggling owner operators here. There are alot of ways to get to that number beside individual residential cleans, as he stated before he had some healthy commercial jobs that month.....maybe they do restoration? Easy as hell to get to that number with a few good fire or water jobs. He has stated many times before that he works for the company and that he doesnt own it so not sure why you mentioned that other than to be a dick....i dont know @OxiFreshGuy from adam but ill tell you this alot of us multi truck owners wish we had employees that would take the initiative that he seems to have with the company he works for. By the way I did 180,000.00 in january of this year with four trucks.....care to try to break that one down for us brother? Not trying to be an ass but every post youve put in this thread you sound like a condescending dick.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I don't see any problem celebrating my own success or that of others. Really no further point in discourse. And actually, we do service O'Fallon MO , quite often in fact.

$56,000 isn't even my best. $138,000 at Oxi Fresh last year was our best month. Know why I left ? Because I disagree with them not properly educating customers on the limits of encapsulation. Oh and I was the guy who also built their team of veterans, pioneered portable and truck mount cleanings for their commercial division. I built much of it from the ground up. The biggest advantage I had was marketing dollars from the owners. I built the training program , trained techs personally, researched and developed to improve our cleaning process and always kept an open mind. Since I've left they lost all their core guys and have adopted a swinging door policy. I made more money at Oxi than I do presently - but the future at this company is brighter.

So yes I'm starting in a smaller privately owned company now but they have integrity here, the owner Steve is a class act and a great guy. I really have nothing to defend.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
"By the way I did 180,000.00 in january of this year with four trucks.....care to try to break that one down for us brother?" SRD

$45,000 a truck is how it breaks down. =)>

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
"By the way I did 180,000.00 in january of this year with four trucks.....care to try to break that one down for us brother?" SRD

$45,000 a truck is how it breaks down. =)>
Nope ;) wanted todd to break it down by what i do per job:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: