Rate My Sales Thread

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
For those who feel comfortable sharing - remember...sales is NOT indicative of success. It's not what you make, it's what you don't spend!

Last month we did $56,000 in sales for October 2018 - this was with the equivalent of 2.5 trucks running 6 days a week.

Do you rate that as good or bad?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
56000/2.5 trucks/6 days a week/4 weeks a month is roughly 1000/per day per truck

So your asking if that is good?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
It's like having a third truck running a few days a week. We did have some nice size commercial last month

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That is good. 20k is what we shoot for each month on each truck.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Thats a pretty healthy average @OxiFreshGuy especially before the holidays. You sure you dont wanna come work for me?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Lol SRD. Sure it's not you who wants to come work for me? :p Working out part ownership agreement in January. Got big plans to transform from straight carpet cleaning into other surfaces and commercial janitorial.

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
Lol SRD. Sure it's not you who wants to come work for me? :p Working out part ownership agreement in January. Got big plans to transform from straight carpet cleaning into other surfaces and commercial janitorial.
at 56k a month why would you change anything. Not worth the risk imo

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
Don’t see any risk for him to add services. He still has a truck that isn’t running full time.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
No matter the number you can always be growing or improving. If a business isnt growing in one way or another its dying (my opinion)

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
$56,000 isn't all profit. I previously ran a low moisture franchise that did $105,000 per month on average - I think I can do better with truck mounts and some diversified services added in.

ToddBenne

Sep 7, 2008
O' fallon, MO.
Real Name
Todd Benne
So the $56k/month is the numbers True Clean is putting out? Pretty impressive if so, given their upfront packages pricing. Your techs' upsell must be crazy.

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
So the $56k/month is the numbers True Clean is putting out? Pretty impressive if so, given their upfront packages pricing. Your techs' upsell must be crazy.
This thread wasn't intended as an analysis of my company. As I clearly stated above we had some big commercial jobs and we do 3-4 residential on average, there is no upselling outside of protectant or pet treatments , and additional services.

ToddBenne

Sep 7, 2008
O' fallon, MO.
Real Name
Todd Benne
Well, actually you asked for your monthly gross to be rated. That is in a round about way, an analysis. Any way, good job to the owners of True Clean for hiring you as Ops Manager.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Todd I'm now curious who you are and why so interested ? And yes you're right I asked for a generic rating , and if our ability to produce those numbers seems unreasonable to others maybe they need to check their own business

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I'm with Todd on this post. You asked a question and he gave you a reasonable reply
Saying our techs must upsell like crazy was a direct dig at our company as he clearly knows the owner and knows we don't support an upsell culture and I acknowledged that he was right I invited analysis. I started this thread as a fun comparison if people wanted to talk about it, obviously I've used poor judgment and wording to make that happen.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Saying our techs must upsell like crazy was a direct dig at our company as he clearly knows the owner and knows we don't support an upsell culture and I acknowledged that he was right I invited analysis. I started this thread as a fun comparison if people wanted to talk about it, obviously I've used poor judgment and wording to make that happen.
Well, as you can see, fun has ended. You can be direct, you can be blunt you can be an... All depends on how perceptive and sensitive your audience is. You can order great pizza , but when customer service sucks, it doesn't taste good anymore. Same scenario may occur when you talk about numbers from someone else's books.....

Well, actually you asked for your monthly gross to be rated. That is in a round about way, an analysis. Any way, good job to the owners of True Clean for hiring you as Ops Manager.
As a owner of any company, I wouldn't be happy about the fact that my top guy is jabbering....worldwide that is.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Releasing sales number is jabbering ? What competitive edge is Total Carpet Cleaning from Todd Benne going to do with those numbers ? People ask all the time about real numbers. Maybe I'm simply tired of the bullshit. I've never even heard of Todd and I run in many circles in this market. I didn't release our trade secrets or marketing angles and many public companies have to release financial info.

What a bunch of bull Luky.