RAMP FOR VLM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

RAMP FOR VLM

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
So as I venture into adding VLM how do you load unload your Rotary, Orbot, Trinity, Cimex?

I have been looking at ramps at Harbor Freight...

Here are a few I like so far:

TriFold Ramp HF.jpg
72in ramp HF.jpg

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
My biker friend uses the folding one 30-36 wide its kinda nice and holds up a bike no problem

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Do yourself a HUGE favor and buy one of these. I use it daily loading Cimex and Sprayborg (the 6' ). loading into a F-150 and other vehicles.
http://www.discountramps.com/scooter_ramp/p/WCMF/
This is a real nice quality piece of equipment that will last a lifetime. Very happy with my purchase. Buying the HF will be an annoyance always having to space the seperate two ramps perfectly apart and the open treads will not be good on your equipment wheels. The anti-slip surface is the best and the way it folds takes up very little space. Watch the video.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
Yes do get a ramp. You may feel cocky sometimes and just lift it in but one thing to remember is that in the custies eyes you will portray an unsafe work practice and overall bad image when straining yourself.

Cleaning Concierge

Jul 13, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Real Name
Barrett Wiley
Business Location
United States
Here is the one we use.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Lin...pet-Cleaning-Machines-and-Equipment_p_14.html

But it's the 84" version. It can handle 20" autoscrubber as well.

I can manhandled the cimex by grabbing the handle on the head and the frame right above the axle. I only do that at the start of the day. End of the day, the ramp is coming out. The damn cimex was one of the reasons I started deadlifting again.

Just as Mike said, you will get tried of tinkering with the HF ramps over time unless you mark your vehicle in some way or make a guide for them.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Harbor freight this is the one I've been looking at getting
1429057050906.jpg
folds in half in width.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
These ramps look like a disaster waiting to happen... whether it slips off the truck and busts your machine or you slip in the rain/snow and bust your ass I see a lot of potential for problems lol

I recommend a truckmount to solve this problem... much safer.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
These ramps look like a disaster waiting to happen... whether it slips off the truck and busts your machine or you slip in the rain/snow and bust your ass I see a lot of potential for problems lol

That's what I'm afraid of. I've fallen off of ramps 2 times to many. But with a little improvising of anchor points they can be made sturdy. Just everyone usually skips that part. "It's good. your good. bang! Wtf you said I was good"

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
a truck mounted Cimex, Trinity or Orbot would not be very useful :)
The safety pin in the ramp I suggested works well to prevent that problem as does the grippy surface. I have loaded equipment in snow and heavy rain and never slipped. Something designed for the safety of a wheelchair using person is good enough for any floor care machine.

I do not walk up the ramp with the machine, I walk alongside while pushing. The ramp has guard rail to prevent the wheels from going over edge too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree

When using a ramp you do not walk up it you walk beside it or straddle it if it is not to wide.

Reactions: FloorCareMD

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
I injured my back (herniated discs) back in 1988 loading an old Advance Convertamtic auto scrubber into a van with a homemade plywood and 2x ramp that broke. Machine fell on me as it fell sideways. (6 battery machine) 11 months of rehab/therapy and a lifetime of back problems later is lesson learned to not be cheap on a quality ramp.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
When using a ramp you do not walk up it you walk beside it or straddle it if it is not to wide.
If you use it that way it's even more dangerous imo.

What's wrong with the powered crane idea? Seems like a slam dunk to me. You'll be using the ramp many times per day... I'd rather use a powered crane!

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
If you use it that way it's even more dangerous imo.

What's wrong with the powered crane idea? Seems like a slam dunk to me. You'll be using the ramp many times per day... I'd rather use a powered crane!

Very safe i do it every day. Crane would be good also or even a lift gate.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
How about a custom made receiver that holds your machine .
This way you lift it only 12-14 inchs .

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Dont want my machines doing double duty as a car bumper. Also it would get pretty dirty driving on the roads if you are from PA.