Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
I was thinking about getting one for the van..Getting to old to lift anymore... I had a nice lift on my box truck worked great for moving Deh and Portys out of the truck...

nextlevel

Nov 17, 2006
Ca
Real Name
Thomas Turn e
Business Location
United States
I haven't used them before, but they look sturdy. What are you using it for? Loading and unloading a porty?

Nov 10, 2009
new jersey
Real Name
GINO DEANNE
Business Location
United States
i got 2 metal ramps i got from namco. easy to wheel the porty in and out the truck..i wish i dident have to use them but im pretty strong and i cant lift this porty up by my self, so they come in handy

hammerhead

Dec 1, 2008
Cape Coral Fl.
Real Name
Kevin Hamm
I went to Home Depot and purchased one of the ATV ramps then put then together and put a piece of wood on the top. The straps go to the bumper to keep the ramp from sliding off the bumper, its worked great for me..

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I went to Home Depot and purchased one of the ATV ramps then put then together and put a piece of wood on the top. The straps go to the bumper to keep the ramp from sliding off the bumper, its worked great for me..
I bought the same ramps, but sold them because the braces were too far apart. Do you happen to have any pics of the wood you installed? Thanks

prcarpet

Feb 11, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Real Name
Chris Biggs
Business Location
United States
I used the 8" ramp top kit from lowes not sure if it's the same one you guys were talking about. Altogether if I remember correctly I spent around $30 or so and I used it with the 2 x 10 boards. I don't use the brace. They work great except for the room they take up.

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
I bought the 8" ramp kit and 2X8 boards from Lowe's too but they are heavy and take up alot of space, so I returned the kits. I'm looking for a ramp that is lightweight(the porty is heavy enough!) and retractable or folding. That is why I mentioned these pet ramps. I have never used them or even seen them in person. I'm going to call the company today and get more info.

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
I have the same ramps from HD but they are
too bulky. I had to put masonite on them to wheel
my equipment up and down. The dog ramps looks
pretty cool!
Nick

sevenmacs

Nov 4, 2008
Greeley, Colorado
Real Name
Steve McNamara
Business Location
United States
When I started my business 27 years ago I used a portable (old dual vac Castex ), much heavier back then, I attached a aluminum 2 wheel dolly to the bottom of it, with stair climbers on it and a wheel located by the handle , there was no need for a ramp, you tilt it back and the wheel rests on the floor, lift & slide in, going out it slides on teflon stair climber rails, easy going up/down stairs, these dollies are pricey, but are lightweight and work great, just another option, don't know if it will work on your machine. Another easy option is a bi-fold atv ramp, just insert 3/8th plywood on ramp their usually slotted for it, I have one I use for loading snowmobiles, lightweight even with the wood, their very afforable.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Wow hammer, I should have kept my ramps! Great idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 1, 2010
Lawton
Real Name
Curtis Elliott
Business Location
United States
Whoa!!! Cleanbean, you need a van! Or a small trailer will do. Sorry for stating the obvious.

Nice ramps though. I like the folding feature. They look fairly lightweight. I have an older fiberglass ramp that is as heavy as the machines I push up the ramp. Used it a few times and retired it.

CleanBean

Dec 11, 2009
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Thomas Woods
Business Location
United States
Whoa!!! Cleanbean, you need a van! Or a small trailer will do. Sorry for stating the obvious.

Nice ramps though. I like the folding feature. They look fairly lightweight. I have an older fiberglass ramp that is as heavy as the machines I push up the ramp. Used it a few times and retired it.
Yep...I do...but this suits me real fine for now and works well. The way it looks in that snapshot the ramp has quite an incline but I cut that down considerably by backing to the curb which reduces that incline quite a bit.

I did 24 years in the Navy...if you've ever hauled cruise boxes onto an aircraft carrier you know how much work that is. Anyhow, it doesn't phase me to push M5 up the ramp nor haul it up a flight of stairs...I just make sure I do it right so I don't injure myself.

That pic I used is old...my setup is more organized than that too...that pic was just for a quick post! Here's it looks when I load it up for work:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That shot was after doing two apts in a hi rise. :cool:

Latest posts