Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I had a Facebook number private message me this question about joining a rainbow franchise. I don’t really know a lot about them anybody with experience so I could offer them advice. I’m not a fan of franchises personally.

IMG_1955.JPG

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I remember them back in the 80's more for the CC end of it.
Until now had almost forgotten about them.
You could have your prospective buyer to find out what % of their income is from franchise fees.
So, they are cold calling CC companies to sell their franchise opportunity.

SkylinePrints

Nov 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Real Name
Nathan
Business Location
United States
Rob, they used to be a big back in the late 80's early 90's in the area that I lived in at the time. They were going head to head with SS.

While they did carpet cleaning, they were more known for carpet dying. they used to pretty much dominate the apartment complexes as they would clean and dye the carpet saving the complex money on replacement.

However, as with all franchises, there are good and bad franchisees. The RB franchisee in my area was not one of the better ones. I had to go behind them on more than a few occasions when they ventured in the residential market.

From their website, it looks like they have rebranded themselves and are trying to come back. I would have to investigate the "new" RB and not compare it to the old one. Companies are allowed to grow and change so I would be very interested in the experience someone has with the modern franchise.

Reactions: mrotto

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I used to see them around this area about 10yrs ago, I feel like I haven't seen a rainbow truck in a long time.

They were mostly restoration here and big commercial CC.

The only franchise in this industry I would do is Serv Pro but those territories are hard to get. The owner of a local Serv pro here is pretty wealthy its a big operation.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
If they are calling YOU thats a bad sign. The ones in my market are terrible.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
For a while, back 2-3 yrs. ago, seems like everyone had all things RB for sale on CL

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I heard of them.

Theres one over here somewhere south in Fremont or San Jose
but personally I do not have any info or experience on/with them