Quick Disconnect always seems to leak on the TM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Quick Disconnect always seems to leak on the TM

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Boy I sure blow through these quick . Nothing worse then have it start dripping off the TM connection . The water box gets emptied.
The Parkers go the fastest .
The Foster brand seemed to last longer .
I switched a older one no name but stainless and will see if it lasts, it was years old already.
Who has the best luck with which brand name ?
20191101_115928.jpg

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
The 1st one off the truckmount always gets the brunt of the abuse probably from heat.
I finally just took a male disconnect and put a 1/4" hex plug in it and plugged it in when I finished a job. No more dripping.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The 1st one off the truckmount always gets the brunt of the abuse probably from heat.
I finally just took a male disconnect and put a 1/4" hex plug in it and plugged it in when I finished a job. No more dripping.
lol, I just did that yesterday. My quick connects are stainless steel

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Prochem units don't allow for a behind the panel whip to the live solution reel and still have "extra" panel QC's because of the proprietary manifold.

Personally, I would hard plumb that off the panel with 5000 psi hose to the live reel and not use a QC period. My inner gangster sez "Fück the Police!".

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
dang, I never had that problem but only run 200-210. If you did that in Wisconsin in winter you would end up with an ice skating rink in the driveway.

and a lot of liability.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
you can use a shut off valve before the quick connect, thats what I have just have to be sure the quick connect does not hit your door as it will stick out a couple of inches

Reactions: smart n kleen

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Ya I'm curious why your wasting time and money and not just going to a live reel? That's seems rediculous to have to connect like that. If you have to ya get a shut off before it. It's the rings that go bad, both brands still offer with or with out vitons I believe.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
One Blue Summer , I buy O rings and rebuild them unless the center pin is crooked and leaks .