wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I've been considering switching to QB myself. I'm used to some old software that I started using years ago, but really don't like it too much. Could some of you that use QB share which version or year you're using. I know they have a pay as you go online version and I'm nor really interested in that. I would particularly like to know if you are easily able to track both your income and expenses in the program. I'm actually having to use a separate program to track expenses which is my main reason for wanting to switch.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I did all my accounting by hand and switched to quickbooks online this last year and its been awesome. With my ipad, verizon data and square credit card reader business is so much easier this past year, Quickbooks online is a really great and simple program that just keeps getting better.

Reactions: wandwizard

specializedcc

Jul 2, 2012
Real Name
Cody K
Quickbooks is a very powerful accounting program. However, it is only as powerful as you make it and the output of its reports is only as good as the input.

Class-tracking, for example, is very helpful and a great feature. For example, in quickbooks I have classes set-up for commercial and residential. You can run P&Ls (Profit and Loss) by class to easily see profitability of commercial vs residential. There are many more examples I can give of how useful quickbooks is and how you can customize it to get out of it what YOU want.

One of the most important things about quickbooks is setting up your chart of accounts properly.

I can help anyone who has questions or needs/seeks assistance. For years, I was an accountant for a company that used quickbooks.