questions on installing pumptec 207v

ekash

Mar 22, 2019
Real Name
kash p
hello everyone, I'm new here but have been reading and learning a lot from here.

I had a friend that recently passed and inherited some of his stuff. one of the items was an old broken carpet extractor which I have been fixing/putting together in my free time as a hobby. it's a century ninja clam shell type with a grey top half and black lower half. it came with a 100 psi pump. I have a 220 psi pump and a 500 psi pump. the 220 is straightforward, 1 input and 1 output and Is a demand pump.

the pumptec gold 207v has 2 input and 2 output. what I wanted to do is hook up 2 1
/2" suction lines gravity fed going to each input. and I'm not quite sure how to hook up the output correctly. from what I gather by looking at other people's pictures I think I'm supposed to have a return line going back into the solution tank? I'm guessing because it's not a demand pump? I would also like to add a preasure regulator and psi gauge.

can someone please help advise me how to hook up the inputs and outputs correctly? it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

ekash

Mar 22, 2019
Real Name
kash p
on a side note, I put in 2 8.4 2 stage vac motors. increased the everything to 2" . rewired everything with 10g. really looking forward turning this on. I originally like the 220 pump since it claims to handle 170 degree temp. so I was going to hook up a direct line to my solution tank from mywater heater which puts out about 150-160 degree water. but want to use the pumptec instead

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
hello everyone, I'm new here but have been reading and learning a lot from here.

I had a friend that recently passed and inherited some of his stuff. one of the items was an old broken carpet extractor which I have been fixing/putting together in my free time as a hobby. it's a century ninja clam shell type with a grey top half and black lower half. it came with a 100 psi pump. I have a 220 psi pump and a 500 psi pump. the 220 is straightforward, 1 input and 1 output and Is a demand pump.

the pumptec gold 207v has 2 input and 2 output. what I wanted to do is hook up 2 1
/2" suction lines gravity fed going to each input. and I'm not quite sure how to hook up the output correctly. from what I gather by looking at other people's pictures I think I'm supposed to have a return line going back into the solution tank? I'm guessing because it's not a demand pump? I would also like to add a preasure regulator and psi gauge.

can someone please help advise me how to hook up the inputs and outputs correctly? it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
500 psi pump is going to have to have a pressure regulator and a bypass back to the tank. Depending on the regulator you use, that will determine where you have to place the bypass line back to the tank. Honestly, if it started with a 100 psi pump, you can put the 220 psi pump in there and be ok. I wouldn't go through the trouble of configuring it for the 500 psi pump

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
on a side note, I put in 2 8.4 2 stage vac motors. increased the everything to 2" . rewired everything with 10g. really looking forward turning this on. I originally like the 220 pump since it claims to handle 170 degree temp. so I was going to hook up a direct line to my solution tank from mywater heater which puts out about 150-160 degree water. but want to use the pumptec instead

Your almost home, tractor supply has short 3/8" whips for $11. Pump-> regulator->quick connect. By pass line from regulator back to tank can be low pressure line and worm drive clamps. Drilling through the extractor I prefer forstner bits for nice clean holes, a hole saw drilling in reverse to start the hole helps it from walking.

This video may help.

Reactions: Jimsteam