Question about ppc marketing

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by gregshulz, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    It'll sound right when you land 2-3 jobs a
    a day. Until then , you are the guy with $950 less in his pocket. Hopefully, this is month to month scenario. Let's hope for beginners "miracle" to happen.......... Good luck

2. gregshulz

gregshulz New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you don't think this is likely to happen? Give me your opinion instead of hope. Thanks

3. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My opinion is that you should've put your trust in TMF before your executive decision to partner with anyone and put your savings in danger. Annual spending of national CC companies is between 60K up to 200 K. We're talking 50-60 years of being on the market and delivering to different industries( being pro active) which is enormous help. Familiarity sells. If you spent 1500-2500 on Clear Channel a month, you would get about the same response you'll get from PPC presence. God, I hope I'm all wrong. The way you present it to us, it seems like you're laughing at us. I would take big troll rather than honest, hard working man putting his money in thin air. Sorry for being dramatic, but there is no way that you keep any marketing company in the check.
    IF THEY CAN'T deliver, find a loophole in contract and get out of the contract. Seriously.........

4. gregshulz

gregshulz New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please respond to my direct message.

5. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,825 / 45 / -0
    SEO
    Facebook
    Yelp
    Thumbtack
    Angie's List
    Yellowpages
    BBB
    EDDM
    Referral Program
    Door Hangers
    Strategic Partnerships
    Door to Door Commercial

So far, looking to add a few more next year.

6. envy

envy Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Ratings:
    +563 / 3 / -0
    Are you in Los Angeles? I couldn't tell from your site but the phone number made me think that. If so, your clicks will likely be more expensive than less populated areas.

Either way, your budget should bring in calls but calls don't always turn into jobs. When you do land jobs, strive for the five star review.

7. gregshulz

gregshulz New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No sir. Thats a fake phone number on the website (its just a mock-up design). Can you please be a little bit more specific? How many jobs a day do you think that would convert too? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

8. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,825 / 45 / -0
    Impossible for anyone to answer that question Greg, if they know what they're doing you will get calls, your job to close those leads. I just think it's an expensive way to start advertising a company.

9. gregshulz

gregshulz New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate the feedback Jose.

10. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,825 / 45 / -0
    is that your whole advertising budget?

11. gregshulz

gregshulz New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the first month yes, It will be only 950$ of ppc.

12. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    Are you hiring?

13. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 2 / -0
    #33 the rugman, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Many times these outfits own all the properties - hopefully this is not the case (although at that price I would assume so as well as the weird URL). Normally if you decide you don't want to work with them any more they take everything down or just send the work elsewhere. I always say - make sure you own all your assets!
    They should be using a tracking ph # so you can see if PPC is working. Also a separate landing page to track as well.
    Your social icons don't go to your pages (if you have them - and you should).
    certifiedsteam .com is parked at godaddy - I hope you own it - if so - get a website built.

14. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,825 / 45 / -0
    Lol why?

But no I'm not, just hired a helper and a part timer for janitorial.

15. Avdo

Avdo Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +523 / 3 / -0
    Has anybody done any radio advertising?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    Anybody would want work for you, or with you. With so many tools at hand, you've got to be busy. I like 2-3 jobs a day, 7 days a week when daylight permits( mostly summer months.
    If I had your Power house behind me, I would have to be on Energy drinks working 4-6 jobs daily. I've done it, but now I like my work days to be in vacation mode. See, I have that problem, like most of us do and that is , looking for extra curriculum even on days when I should stay put. So I'm learning, how to take it easy and try to have more relaxed view on life and work in general.
    Good luck with everything.

17. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,140 / 7 / -0
    So, you made an impulsive decision and now you want us to tell you what we think of your impulsive business decision.

My advice to you and everyone else who uses TMF for advice is to ask for the advice before making a business decision if you really want us to help you. You have committed to a decision via a contract that you are hooked for, good or bad, the next six months.

My second piece of advice is to make business decisions after doing due diligence to determine if it is a good fit for your business. You do have a marketing plan? Please tell me you have a marketing plan! That means it is written down somewhere where it is staring you in the face and keeping you from falling victim to slick talking sales people who will promise you the moon and deliver nothing.

Your marketing plan should be part of your business plan. IF you don't have either, I would suggest that you get busy before you make any other business decisions and put them together and write them down. Only then can you make informed decisions based on your business and not our opinions on what has worked for us.

• Like Like x 1
  18. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,140 / 7 / -0
    We need another button: EXTREMELY FUNNY!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew C

Andrew C Active Member

May 24, 2014
    Male
    Owner of True Steam LLC
    Richmond, VA
    Ratings:
    +431 / 4 / -0
    He said "my life is on the line"...

I personally have signed contracts with advertising companies (and regretted all of them) but never for the amount you are talking about.

$1300 a month!!! Holy crap man how did they convince you to do that? You need to get out of that asap. Without any reviews it's going to be hard to convert customers.

Do more research in the future before making life changing decisions with huge consequences. Just my opinion.

20. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,825 / 45 / -0
    Thanks, I do have more work than I can currently handle and I am working 7 days a week right now, usually around 12 hours a day.

Once I figured out that lead generating is pretty easy as long as you are constantly looking for opportunities, everything clicked.

My biggest issue I have right now is scaling, I'm pretty lost in that regard and I'm having a hard time attempting to duplicate what I already have. I'm working on systems right now and maximizing profit in my one van before I add the second one.