Question about flash cuffs

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
This may be a good question for Scott w.
I use flash cuffs and a devastator filter.. Right now I use the regular TM, barb coming out of my waste tank lid on my CDs with a short hose between that and my devastator.. It has a regular cuff on the end to go over the barb and a Lynx thread on male to thread in to the back of the devastator..
Does interlink sell all the pieces necessary to convert my short hose and my waste tank fitting to where it's all flash cuff compatibles? And what would the pieces be?
Keeping it the same order I currently have it, I would want females plugging backward toward TM and males forward, so a female coming off back of devastator, a male on hose to plug in there and a female on other end of hose attaching to a male on the waste tank lid... Thanks

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I use flash cuffs and a devastator filter.. Right now I use the regular TM, barb coming out of my waste tank lid on my CDs with a short hose between that and my devastator.. It has a regular cuff on the end to go over the barb and a Lynx thread on male to thread in to the back of the devastator..
Does interlink sell all the pieces necessary to convert my short hose and my waste tank fitting to where it's all flash cuff compatibles? And what would the pieces be?
Keeping it the same order I currently have it, I would want females plugging backward toward TM and males forward, so a female coming off back of devastator, a male on hose to plug in there and a female on other end of hose attaching to a male on the waste tank lid... Thanks
@Scott W ??

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Or you could use this starter and put a nut on the back inside your waste tank -
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH224

Scott, been looking at this cuff for a while...only reason i have not gotten it yet is because i cant seem to find the nut for it. just did a search again on your site and no luck.

My Inferno runs a large (2.5") hose from waste tank to the front panel where i connect the vac hose to Dev.

Thank you Sir!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Scott, been looking at this cuff for a while...only reason i have not gotten it yet is because i cant seem to find the nut for it. just did a search again on your site and no luck.

My Inferno runs a large (2.5") hose from waste tank to the front panel where i connect the vac hose to Dev.

Thank you Sir!

The nut is usually picked up from plumbing supply or hardware store. Most portables come with the 2" nut. Thus the name Portable starter even though it can be used on a truckmount.

For details on how to install or what parts to use, I suggest calling our expert Robert Fridye 800 794-7425 extension 116

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Wish they made a 90 degree elbow.. on a hydra master cds, the barbs come out of the top of the lid and are a 90 elbow so the barbs face forward... If I use the starter cuff with the threads it will thread in just like the current barb, but it will point straight up..if you try to plug a hose like that, it will probably kink over

Reactions: Steven8262

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Wish they made a 90 degree elbow.. on a hydra master cds, the barbs come out of the top of the lid and are a 90 elbow so the barbs face forward... If I use the starter cuff with the threads it will thread in just like the current barb, but it will point straight up..if you try to plug a hose like that, it will probably kink over

You can start with a 90 degree PVC plumbing elbow and then run from that.

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
Let me see if I can get you set up. Flash cuff are a little different as they do not offer a female with MPT like mytee does.
I came up with a way to get around this and it should thread in to the back of your filter I will look for video to see if this is what you need.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Is this what you need
I think so, or maybe... so that's a different piece that would take the place of the current female thread fitting that is on my filter now?.. does that require a whole new bottom plate, or is that old Lynx cuff removable.. it almost looks glued on to me..
Also in your video, it looked like you had the longer end of a starter cuff snapping into the piece on the filter.. Isn't the longer end the end with the groove in it that must face out the other way to lock to the female cuff or am I confused or not seeing that right??

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
also, they do make a male with npt. if what your showing there won't work, I could always set it up with a male there I suppose.. it wouldn't follow the same order as the front side, but the back side I only use to connect a short hose to the waste tank anyway, so it really wouldn't matter I don't think, so if a male was there, I'd screw a female on my short hose to snap to the filter, and another female on the other end to snap to a male on the waste tank..
It will stand up with a male npt fitting there I assume? let me know what you think is the easiest way to go, and if it requires replacing that bottom plate... thanks!

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Let me see if I can get you set up. Flash cuff are a little different as they do not offer a female with MPT like mytee does.
I came up with a way to get around this and it should thread in to the back of your filter I will look for video to see if this is what you need.
I think that is probably what I need.. I currently have the my tee threaded one that came with the devastator.. I want to go to flash because I use a hose between my waste tank and the devastator, and it either wants to back off or if I reposition it, the filter turns over... Do I need to by a new bottom plate for that fitting you showed in the video cause the my tee looks kinda permanently on there.. thanks

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Based on what your saying about barbs being 1.75 inches inside, then the barbs on my waste tank lid are a restriction I assume? On a hydra master cds, they thread in to the lid a 90 degree barb which I connect a hose to that barb and the other end to the devastator. . I guess I could thread in a PVC. 90 degree elbow and hook a starter cuff to that to get rid of that restriction? Any thoughts are appreciated

Reactions: Scott W

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Yes I think that will help a bit, all things put together all add up to the end gain. Greenie made some great adapters like what you need, nice smooth flowing 2" elbows.
Greenie? is that the green glide people? also, to get that piece you showed in your video where the flash male just snaps in, do I need to order a new bottom plate from you ? I'm assuming I do as the mytee I have looks glued to the plate

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
Yes Green Glides but I don't think the parts are still around he has been out of that for a while.
As far as back plate I can check what I have we do not work with the molding resins any more. If I don't have the back plate you can make a adapter from male cc very short hose and female fc I know that sucks but it will work.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
Yes, you can do that.
This would go on the Devastator filter - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH204

Depending on the waste tank and how you attach the first Flash Cuff, you could use this -
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH203

Or you could use this starter and put a nut on the back inside your waste tank -
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH224
Scott- Are you sure about that? I have a Silver Bullet on the way and I'll be running four to the floor outside the truck and then 2 to the Bonzer. Isn't the 204 threaded? How would that go on the inline filter. I looking at the IL site ready to order but it seems to me that I should actually order 3 AH203 and affix them to the inline with a hose clamp. It would need to be an AH224 from the top of the lid--connected to an AH204--hose--with a AH204 attached to in inline filter that has the AH203 on it....does this sound correct

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I can't remember where but I found a 90 degree 2" - I think I ordered it from interlink