Question about Black Label

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
@rob allen a few things on the label brought up some questions, hoping for clarification.

"Dries to a Chrystal" - Like an encap product would? It's free rinsing so whats the added bonus of a product that dries to a crystal form?

"99% Green @ RTU" - What prevents it from being 100% green? I run into a lot of people that are very concerned about the chemicals being used. How would you explain 99% green to them compared to something that is green sealed certified?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@rob allen a few things on the label brought up some questions, hoping for clarification.

"Dries to a Chrystal" - Like an encap product would? It's free rinsing so whats the added bonus of a product that dries to a crystal form?

"99% Green @ RTU" - What prevents it from being 100% green? I run into a lot of people that are very concerned about the chemicals being used. How would you explain 99% green to them compared to something that is green sealed certified?

Yes the crystal vacuums off.

It would be 100% green if I paid EPA the hundred thousand dollars

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Good questions.

A fee may keep someone from putting a certain logo on the label. It does not affect if the product is actually green.

The Green Seal label is pretty expensive, but depending upon your sales volume and how many different products you want to have certified, the cost per product would still be under $10,000, not $100,000.

If a product is 1% "not green" after dilution and the dilution is 3 ounces per gallon. It could be calculated that the concentrated product could be over 46% "not green."

If a product freely rinses away, there would be nothing left behind to dry to a powder.

There is no way I think Rob's product has that high a percentage of non-green ingredients. But, I do think some claims are more for marketing purposes than for actually informing folks about the product. Rob's answers to the questions were probably quick responses without meeting with his chemist and doing some research. Good questions deserve good answers.

Reactions: Robert86