Quality follows you | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Quality follows you

Sandee Allen

Jul 12, 2008
Virginia Beach
Robert has worked since he was 15. He has cleaned carpets for about 30 or so years and still loves it. Oops did I just give away his age. :oops: He talks about cleaning all the time. Years ago when we started our carpet cleaning business, we said lets stop work after 5pm and not talk etc. about it. Ha that lasted only for a few days. We both found we love the work and enjoy talking with others too who are in the business. We make the best of working together; yet I do like it occasionally when I have some quiet time when Robert goes golfing. :p

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Sandee I agree... We try not to talk about the business, but it is apart of our lives... Glad I found TMF as another outlet...

Reactions: rob allen

timmoore

Mar 20, 2013
murfreesboro tn
www.tlcjanitorial.net
Real Name
Tim Moore
Business Location
United States
Sigh, why didn't I think of leaving magnets on our vacant home cleanings? Okay, from now on we're going to do this. We do leave a postcard on every counter but that has only gotten us two calls. We will try using a combination of the two.

Postcard just says "Your Carpet Was Cleaned by Speedy Steamer" and our contact information. We place two in the house. One on the Counter and One in closet (not the master bedroom closet). The one in the closet says "Yes Speedy Steamer cleaned this carpet as well."[/qu

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
Great idea if one gets thrown away before a new person moves I. The other is not as likely to be thrown out

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Nice work Rob. Beautiful work. We have set a standard in our company, which we call our Standards of Excellence. It outlines the steps we require of all cleaning jobs, and we have coined (and live) the phrase, "Anything less than five star quality is failure." We have been in business for one year (literally, our first job was one year ago October 22), and we are averaging $7,900 per month gross revenue. While it is less than half where we want to be for the carpet cleaning division, I think it is fairly good traction. WDR will get us MUCH more obviously when it is up and running sometime in January/February. But for now…. We have opted NOT to take jobs that tell us on the phone they are shopping other carpet cleaners and will let us know if we are the cheapest. We don't want to get into that game. Our average job has gone from just under $200, to now averaging $271. And we are endeavoring to get it to $300.00 This includes average jobs across all services we provide to this point (carpet, tile, uph, dryer vent and air duct cleaning). What is a "good" per job average, from what you have seen and experienced?
The average all depends on the clientele you are striving for in your marketing. Last year my average ticket was $193.00. This year my average ticket is $547.00. I have done fewer jobs, but I am not working nearly as hard.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I want yer' RECIPE Kenneth..How the Heck did you manage an increase like that? Certainly with ALL new clientle I would think? Ghetto to Beverly Hills in 1 Year!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
The average all depends on the clientele you are striving for in your marketing. Last year my average ticket was $193.00. This year my average ticket is $547.00. I have done fewer jobs, but I am not working nearly as hard.
Nice. What services do you offer? Do you charge per area or by sf?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I want yer' RECIPE Kenneth..How the Heck did you manage an increase like that? Certainly with ALL new clientle I would think? Ghetto to Beverly Hills in 1 Year!
Well, I did the ghetto thing, and still do some, but I did an awesome job for a guy that I new would refer me to others and he was the "Beverly Hills" type. I have gotten a lot of referrals and I have concentrated on landing some large commercial accounts.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I charge by the square foot. I have had people, mostly women, tell me that per square foot is too confusing. I then offer to come to their home and give them an exact quote. While I am there I can offer other services.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
The way I sell my service is I tell people "If you can walk on it, then I can clean it!" I also do some upholstery but I try to stay away from it as it is back breaking work and I am getting too old to for that!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Here...SFT Commercial... Meet and Greet,Residental by the room up to 200 sft..On the phone, Only do free Estimates if a mansion w/ Rugs and or T& G ..Over 700 sft!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I charge by the square foot. I have had people, mostly women, tell me that per square foot is too confusing. I then offer to come to their home and give them an exact quote. While I am there I can offer other services.
Do you try to quote over the phone or is the real goal to get in the home for an estimate?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Do you try to quote over the phone or is the real goal to get in the home for an estimate?
I do both. It depends. IF I feel that they are a price shopper I just ask them if the lowest price is the most important factor in their decision. If it is then I just tell them that I do very high quality work and therefore I have to charge more than the "Fast Food of Carpet Cleaners." I then tell them that if it is their only consideration, then I am not the right cleaner for them.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I do both. It depends. IF I feel that they are a price shopper I just ask them if the lowest price is the most important factor in their decision. If it is then I just tell them that I do very high quality work and therefore I have to charge more than the "Fast Food of Carpet Cleaners." I then tell them that if it is their only consideration, then I am not the right cleaner for them.
I have a plug in formula setup - when they call myself - or the office girl - we just punch it in - room size / type / etc. Not 100% but every single call in and internet inquiry is CLOSED. No speeches about those bad fast food carpet cleaners or how our work is so meticulous - cleaning ever fiber by hand (using a midget to clean the corners, and a small - trained mouse - to shine individual fibers) - etc. Just wam bam - here's your price and oh by the way we're running a scotch guard special...etc. Keep 3 trucks busy and have the best reputation in my area - not by my opinion or beliefs but from google, yahoo, etc.

It's carpet cleaning - not engineering.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have a plug in formula setup - when they call myself - or the office girl - we just punch it in - room size / type / etc. Not 100% but every single call in and internet inquiry is CLOSED. No speeches about those bad fast food carpet cleaners or how our work is so meticulous - cleaning ever fiber by hand (using a midget to clean the corners, and a small - trained mouse - to shine individual fibers) - etc. Just wam bam - here's your price and oh by the way we're running a scotch guard special...etc. Keep 3 trucks busy and have the best reputation in my area - not by my opinion or beliefs but from google, yahoo, etc.

No speeches about those bad fast food carpet cleaners or how our work is so meticulous - cleaning ever fiber by hand (using a midget to clean the corners, and a small - trained mouse - to shine individual fibers) - etc.

Wow!!! That is highly embellished!

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
That does give me some interesting ideas for a sideshow while I clean their carpet. Maybe I could charge a little extra when I bring my midget and mouse along. :rolleyes:

M&M Carpet Cleaning Franchises now available. Call BR-549.
(Mouse and Midget Carpet Cleaning)

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
That does give me some interesting ideas for a sideshow while I clean their carpet. Maybe I could charge a little extra when I bring my midget and mouse along. :rolleyes:

M&M Carpet Cleaning Franchises now available. Call BR-549.
(Mouse and Midget Carpet Cleaning)
Hey, what have you got against us short people???

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States

I might call my lawyer....Those are my trade secrets anyway!!!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I love quality. :)