Purchased a cx-15 today | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Purchased a cx-15 today

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I have been looking for a rotary unit for a while now, and decided to go with the cx15. I got a good deal on it from my interlink supplier, and feel it will give me my best bang for my buck. I was looking at a zipper and a rotovac, but too much money. So far I really like the weight of the cx-15. It seems to be much lighter than the completion, and around 1k cheaper than most. I am going to try it out tomorrow on a whole house residential job. I haven't seen the job yet, so not sure how bad it is, but I want to see how much faster it is vs and wand, and I want to see if it leaves the carpet any drier than my typical wand. I will let you guys know what I think of it tomorrow!

Reactions: earl804

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I have been looking for a rotary unit for a while now, and decided to go with the cx15. I got a good deal on it from my interlink supplier, and feel it will give me my best bang for my buck. I was looking at a zipper and a rotovac, but too much money. So far I really like the weight of the cx-15. It seems to be much lighter than the completion, and around 1k cheaper than most. I am going to try it out tomorrow on a whole house residential job. I haven't seen the job yet, so not sure how bad it is, but I want to see how much faster it is vs and wand, and I want to see if it leaves the carpet any drier than my typical wand. I will let you guys know what I think of it tomorrow!
Yes, please let us know what you think, not sure if the job will be done faster?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It's great for most rugs.

Robert Woodson

Oct 16, 2014
Real Name
robert Woodson
Honestly it is horrible on furnished rooms. Very hard to move around furniture and will slow you down tremendously. Awesome tool tho,I love mine but it has its place. Big open areas are where it thrives and makes the job super fast. Great on commercial jobs with nothing in the way and also in vacant homes. Make sure you have your wand along cause if there is furniture you will need it!

Reactions: Jack

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
How much?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I agree it has its place and time, but so does a rotovac 360 or any rotary for that matter. I plan to use it mainly on commercial, and empty residential. I do a lot of empty homes for real estate companies, and I thought it would be a added bonus to speed up the time and work load for the empty properties. Does anybody have a recommended pressure for residential? I was planning on around 450-500psi, but if anybody has more experience and has played around with pressures, let me know what you find is the best.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I agree it has its place and time, but so does a rotovac 360 or any rotary for that matter. I plan to use it mainly on commercial, and empty residential. I do a lot of empty homes for real estate companies, and I thought it would be a added bonus to speed up the time and work load for the empty properties. Does anybody have a recommended pressure for residential? I was planning on around 450-500psi, but if anybody has more experience and has played around with pressures, let me know what you find is the best.
I like mine at 700 for commercial.
I use my T-Rex on residential

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Agree.
I carry it along with the 360 and the T-Rex , everyday.
Mostly, I'm on the T-Rex but I like to carry the 360 for stairs and rugs.
Since the CX-15 doesn't take up any room , strapped to the wall, I carry it everyday also

Reactions: stuey4

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
So what's the difference of just using your sx-15 on tile and carpet? I mean that's all the SX is, is a modified spinner

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
Yes, please let us know.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I know. Probably $1000 like the rest of us.
I was just bustin Smartnkleens balls a bit.
He bought one for 14 and wants to sell it.
Hasn't even taken it out of the box. :D
Hard to bust them when your caressing them lol. I don't care what you think it's all good.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Won't move or properly extract
Hydro-force copied the design and name from this cement company
image.jpeg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It does take a job or two to really get the feel of how to best use the tool, not create a ring and so forth. Do read the instructions carefully before pulloing the trigger.

I love the results of CX15 on both commercial carpet and residential. It performs as well as nay rotary. But I do agree it is hard to manuever around furnishings. I prefer it in open spaces.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I tried the cx15 out today. My thoughts are its light, pretty easy to move around, and use. It is going to be meant for big open areas. I tried it in a empty bedroom, and it was ok until I got to the closet lol. Had to bring the wand out anyways. I did notice some circle marks, but only right at the begging of each pass. I think the ticket is to pull the trigger with the head slightly off the carpet, put it down, and start moving right away. I think those circle marks are coming from the spray bars spraying to long in one spot.

Unfornutaley, I only had the one whole house to do today, and the carpet was a real dark color, and pretty new, so it did not give me a chance to see how good it cleans. I will try it out the rest of week on some other jobs. I'm sure one is guaranteed to be a nasty job. On the open living room/family room, it did work very well, and I think much faster than a wand. You can cover a lot of sf with the 15" head. But time will tell how much you have to slow down, when you the carpet is actually dirty.

Reactions: Scott W