pumptec 205

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
I was wondering how big of flow wand can I go with this pump. Thanks.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
1/3 HP motor .125 offset cam @ 1 GPM
Pumptec has all this info

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
10 flow 5 jet wand 500 psi no problem

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
I'm using a 12 flow wand with the 205 pump, am doing any damage?
I wouldn't think your necessarily doing any damage, but you are running it pretty hard.

How long have you been running it like that?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Since you are on the upper end of throughput, you are moving the most water per piston stroke with the big jets. You are running on the lower end pressure wise with the wand keyed (not a bad thing IMO) and the pump labors less with less shock or hammering overall. If you have an unloader vs. a just pressure regulator you should get the standard service interval or better from those valves.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You will find you can move more water through the system at lower system pressure with the right setup. I know that is contrary to popular belief, but it makes a difference in results.

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Since you are on the upper end of throughput, you are moving the most water per piston stroke with the big jets. You are running on the lower end pressure wise with the wand keyed (not a bad thing IMO) and the pump labors less with less shock or hammering overall. If you have an unloader vs. a just pressure regulator you should get the standard service interval or better from those valves.
I was hoping that I am on the right track with my etm. You might not know it Jim but you are writing a "How to build an ETM right the first time" bible for some of us. Thank you for your constant input on this forum. You are saving me thousands of dollars in mistakes.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Bigger jets - more flow - less PSI thats how I use my 205V.
Great for flushing.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States

Makes sense.....maintaining higher psi under open flow requires maintaining a relative level of resistance downstream.

Bigger jets mean less resistance/back pressure within the active system when keyed.

Almost acts like a buffer to the shocks of banging away at high psi's with lower flows.

Kinda like "over-clocking" your pump.

Great tweak for anyone with the equipment, technique, and the proficiency to effectively recovering enough of what you are putting out, which is an important key to it.