Pump Upgrade?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m really sorry if this has been covered a bunch. If there is a thread that anyone has a link to I’ll be glad read it.
I have a 100 psi portable, powr-flite I picked up brand new dirt cheap. I’m thinking I want to keep it but upgrade it. Can I just swap out the 100 psi pump to a 220 psi? Will I have to increase hoses, and jets or anything? Or can I simply swap out the pump.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Sure . Just check your hoses inside and make sure they’re rated higher than the pump pressure . Most likely are and it’s printed on them . If not , you can take them off and go to a hose shop and have new ones made . Won’t cost much at all . Only other thing is the amp draw of the new pump motor . Doubt if it’s more than the one you have so it should be an easy swap .
All the Best , Ed

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thx bud. I’m seeing the machine comes with a optional 200 psi pump. So I can’t imagine they use different hoses just a different pump. I’ll check those items you mentioned. I’m thinking for a small amount of cash I can upgrade it to a better cleaner.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Good chance the hose leading up to the qd on the machine is 300psi. Its whats in my old ninja that had 150 psi pump.

May have to check your fuse inside too. The new pump might require higher amp fuse. Like 2.5 or 3 amp i forget. The new pump will say on it.

Just trust me on this part...do not over tighten the brass into the new pump head. It cracks like an egg. Dont ask me how i know lol. And there are no replacement heads for it. Its trash if it cracks.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Lol I’ve done a bit of pump work doing a off grid water project and cracked one myself! Thx for the reminder!!!!!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Wow, looking inside the machine it’s a no brainer how to replace and upgrade the pump! About as ez as it gets!