Pump Tec 207v

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Pay real close fooking attention to the hose config from all the different ports, and make damn sure your putting it back together the same way.

The pump rebuild itself is pretty easy once the pump is in hand.

It's pulling the lines and re-installing them that will test your patience.

Have fun.......:giggle:

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
As I said earlier and Frank said now Know your bearing size .
You should be maintaining this pump head by removing the assembly and greasing the pump head every 500 hours or less if your running harsh chemicals thru the pump.
Interlink has the cam if that’s all it needs.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
What Goomer said . Take some pictures Jeff . You already will have everything out so if it was me I’d take the motor to a shop if you’re not comfortable working on it yourself . Just have them look it over and check the bearings , brushes etc.
Be a shame to do all the other work and then something else go wrong .
All the Best , Ed

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Impossible to effectively troubleshoot the motor until you pull the pump head off.

The problem may be obvious once you pull the pump head itself, if not, the pump is now ruled out if there are still motor issues.

If the motor still has issues, don't waste too much time trying to figure it out yourself.

Either get it to a electric motor shop asap to diagnose, or just source a new one.

I doubt any repair or rebuild will be cheap enough to warrant going that route instead of buying a new one.

I still have my money on your cam bearing sh!tting the bed and the pieces jamming the shaft.

View attachment 79722
no one else was open except Interlink, so I bought it there for way too much money but at least one is on the way.... So I found a electric motor shop to take the motor to, to get refurbished,, and I will order the head kits and rebuild it so I have a spare.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
As I said earlier and Frank said now Know your bearing size .
You should be maintaining this pump head by removing the assembly and greasing the pump head every 500 hours or less if your running harsh chemicals thru the pump.
Interlink has the cam if that’s all it needs.
I run harsh chems all the time lol,,,, im shocked it lasted two years as it is...

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
What Goomer said . Take some pictures Jeff . You already will have everything out so if it was me I’d take the motor to a shop if you’re not comfortable working on it yourself . Just have them look it over and check the bearings , brushes etc.
Be a shame to do all the other work and then something else go wrong .
All the Best , Ed
.. So I found a electric motor shop to take the motor to, to get refurbished,, and I will order the head kits and rebuild it so I have a spare.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
no one else was open except Interlink, so I bought it there for way too much money but at least one is on the way.... So I found a electric motor shop to take the motor to, to get refurbished,, and I will order the head kits and rebuild it so I have a spare.
Having a spare will save you a lot of trouble the inevitable next time, not to mention down time.

How much they getting for a rebuild?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
don't know yet but ill take pics of my ninja im going to convert to 6.6

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
What's the update on the pump and motor?
took the motor to an ac shop, they have not called yet

I ordered the rebuild kits for the head..

my nautilus was back in service monday

do you have a recommendation on where to buy the 6.6 vacs at for the ninja rebuild...

Ninja has a 200 psi pump in it ,,, is there a smaller 500 psi pump that is reliable or depending on size should I put a 1200 psi motor in this for a hard floor machine?

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
It sounds like either a motor start capacitor, or the pump piston is stuck.

Did you remove the 4 front bolts so the pump would come away from the motor? That's where you can check the shaft for being stuck, or the motor to start if the pump is not attached to the motor.

Your offset cam may also need replacing. Make sure you get the right cam - there are 2 different ones.

Go to PumpTec website and they have all of the instructional re-build videos.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
It sounds like either a motor start capacitor, or the pump piston is stuck.

Did you remove the 4 front bolts so the pump would come away from the motor? That's where you can check the shaft for being stuck, or the motor to start if the pump is not attached to the motor.

Your offset cam may also need replacing. Make sure you get the right cam - there are 2 different ones.

Go to PumpTec website and they have all of the instructional re-build videos.
it is stuck like a champ, I think I posted pics on this page,, I will rebuild it from the videos, thank you

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
wow lack of proper maintenance you need to keep that thing greased and check every month and keep moisture out of the bering.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
took the motor to an ac shop, they have not called yet

I ordered the rebuild kits for the head..

my nautilus was back in service monday

do you have a recommendation on where to buy the 6.6 vacs at for the ninja rebuild...

Ninja has a 200 psi pump in it ,,, is there a smaller 500 psi pump that is reliable or depending on size should I put a 1200 psi motor in this for a hard floor machine?
Kleenright

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Great prices but can be slow as pond water.
Yeah I won't disagree with you how with how slow they are. sometimes I order stuff and it's there the next day other times it takes 2 week it's like rolling the dice