Pump oil | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pump oil

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
So today I took the time to read my 2006 Blueline champ TM manual and I noticed the pump and blower have their own oil systems. Yeah can't believe I never thought of that.
Anyway certain kind of oil recommended? I'd like to do a oil change on the pump and blower

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Depends on the pump, some take SAE 30 non detergent CAT pumps take ISO 68 My Blower takes SAE 50 but I think most people get blower oil like AEON.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I like aeon for the blower and cat pump oil for the pump. Always used them and ive never had an issue

Reactions: Wallace

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I called general, they said non detergent 30wt I believe, couldn't find any called back and they said all diesel oil is non detergent, use rotella diesel...forgot the weight though.

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Diesel oil is not non detergent, somebody at General didn't know what they were talking about. Diesel is one of the dirtiest engines made and requires detergent oil to keep it clean.

Reactions: Barry C

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
People keep trying to reinvent the wheel to save a buck or two on oil, no more than it has to be changed just pay the little extra for peace of mind and use aeon for the blower and cat pump oil for the pump...u seriously can't go wrong with the two doesn't matter who makes your blower or pump.