Pump Issues | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pump Issues

Shane Olvitt

Sep 18, 2008
So. Cal
Real Name
Shane Olvitt
Have a 15 year oldish US Products portable. Has a heater and adjustable pump on it. Been sitting in the garage a while and decided to pull it out and clean it up. When I turned everything on the pump just kept building pressure , I would pull the trigger and it would come down to normal adjusted pressure. As soon as I would let off it would just start climbing, to the point of it blowing a pump pressure line. Any idea of what’s going on, when I last used it it was fine.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Have a 15 year oldish US Products portable. Has a heater and adjustable pump on it. Been sitting in the garage a while and decided to pull it out and clean it up. When I turned everything on the pump just kept building pressure , I would pull the trigger and it would come down to normal adjusted pressure. As soon as I would let off it would just start climbing, to the point of it blowing a pump pressure line. Any idea of what’s going on, when I last used it it was fine.
Pressure regulator stuck

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I'm with PistolPete. I would back out the regulator and run some descaler through the machine. When pressure rises like that something is blocking the bypass or the regulater is sticking.