Pump clutch issue | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pump clutch issue

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So my pump clutch is acting up.....when I run the machine and the clutch is in engage I have to spin it a tad manually for it to grab. Does this mean it’s on the way out or does something need adjusting? Once it’s engaged it’s fine it seems. It did stop once while running but now it just happens upon start up and then it’s fine. About five years old.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Something weird going on........this thread had about 10 more posts but they are somehow gone.......anyhow I think it’s fixed.....I changed out the ignition and now the pump clutch is engaging no problems so far.......it wasn’t getting power.

Reactions: wandwizard

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
You ruined my fun. I was going to suggest all the things @Kevin Dumas said. Every time I read this thread he commented exactly what I was going to say, from the brake clean to the key he nailed it

@rob allen the forum lost 4days, what happened. Did your prespray pipeline get hacked?
Yeah I immediately started looking for loose wires but when I couldn’t find anything wrong it could have been 3 or 4 different things. Luckily I only threw a new battery and at it......so far.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke