Pulling the trigger

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
I went ahead and ordered a TCS Chief 2 with a diesel burner, 175 gallon waste tank, electric reel, etc. If this works out good (so far I’m very impressed with their service)I will definitely report. I know there’s a lot of people out there scrambling to get an El Diablo. As far as footprint in a van and potential heat, the TCS machine might be comparable. We will soon see. Thank you all who gave me advice in my other thread and helped me come to a conclusion.

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
do you have the price on their TM
they didnt list it online
thanks
The particular package I purchased is $25k...and that’s with a custom install. I was wanting the hose reel to be mounted in a way that was elevated enough to slide a power stretcher underneath, and be able to easily clean under there, as it tends to collect dirt and debris. The way the unit will be situated, everything will be easily accessible. I like the way the engine is perched on top and can be pretty easily replaced. Interested in testing out the 12V diesel burner though...

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
I started out years ago with a Steamway Mastermatic, bought another one a few years later then eventually bought a Powermatic. The El Diablo heating system is definitely a step up in diesel burner reliability and safety. I remember Steamway units burning shit to the ground...especially the Equinox. If the electrodes got gunked up and quit arcing, it would still pump diesel over the coils. When you switched out the electrodes and fired it up it would look like a F-15 turning on the afterburners and smoke like a mfer...lol

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
The particular package I purchased is $25k...and that’s with a custom install. I was wanting the hose reel to be mounted in a way that was elevated enough to slide a power stretcher underneath, and be able to easily clean under there, as it tends to collect dirt and debris. The way the unit will be situated, everything will be easily accessible. I like the way the engine is perched on top and can be pretty easily replaced. Interested in testing out the 12V diesel burner though...
those guys are in atlanta...long way for an install unless they have a storefront in texas.....

12v shoudnt be a problem.....
el diablo was electric...with a built in inverter!???i think??

also on the 12v burner....many have told me to get an industrial battery with an extra separate cable to the front of the van battery...
a lot of TM installers know very little of these burners...
just talked to an installer today who disagreed with me on the extra battery....as they rarely install these
reason: battery can go down and fan can deminish causing overly smoke burn......

i would service a deisel burner at a pressure washer place 1 a year no matter how good it is working.....

remember these burners are made for pressure washing....these pressure washer guys know their stuff...been arounnd for 50 years.....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
those guys are in atlanta...long way for an install unless they have a storefront in texas.....

12v shoudnt be a problem.....
el diablo was electric...with a built in inverter!???i think??

also on the 12v burner....many have told me to get an industrial battery with an extra separate cable to the front of the van battery...
a lot of TM installers know very little of these burners...
just talked to an installer today who disagreed with me on the extra battery....as they rarely install these
reason: battery can go down and fan can deminish causing overly smoke burn......

i would service a deisel burner at a pressure washer place 1 a year no matter how good it is working.....

remember these burners are made for pressure washing....these pressure washer guys know their stuff...been arounnd for 50 years.....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
got a pic of the burner???

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
I’m no spring chicken when it comes to diesel burners. I’ve done every repair myself and the culprit most of the time is the magnet in the flow meter sticking because of calcification. I don’t have any pics of the particular burner from TCS but when I get everything installed I will definitely post up several. Yes, it’s going to be a 14 hour drive both ways for the install. But I guess I can break in that Ecoboost