Proteam Proforce troubleshooting thread. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Proteam Proforce troubleshooting thread.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I see a lot of us have this model vacuum on here, so why not open a thread on troubleshooting them. I recently purchased 2 of them. One was from https://shop.truckmountforums.com, and I saw one on Ebay for about $100 less. So I regretfully bought that one. Guess which one has a problem? Yep. The ebay one that I had shipped all the way from California.

Anyway, the roller brush motor works fine. It's the vacuum motor that won't turn on. I've had this one for 30days, and it's ours that we keep in my house and we use it maybe twice a week at the most. So it's practically new. I contacted the seller and he's going to send me a new switch.

Any thoughts? has anyone had similar problems?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Did you open it up? Sometimes a loose wire is all that it could be.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Ok, dumb question, but did you push the reset button in? Sometimes you need to push it pretty hard with the tip of a pen.

Last edited:

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I see a lot of us have this model vacuum on here, so why not open a thread on troubleshooting them. I recently purchased 2 of them. One was from https://shop.truckmountforums.com, and I saw one on Ebay for about $100 less. So I regretfully bought that one. Guess which one has a problem? Yep. The ebay one that I had shipped all the way from California.

Anyway, the roller brush motor works fine. It's the vacuum motor that won't turn on. I've had this one for 30days, and it's ours that we keep in my house and we use it maybe twice a week at the most. So it's practically new. I contacted the seller and he's going to send me a new switch.

Any thoughts? has anyone had similar problems?
Yes the switch could be the problem or loose wire inside.
jump the wires that go to the switch an plug it in. still doesn't work, wiggle the wires at the connections on the motor.
Still won't work test the wire make sure you have continuity on both. still does not work.....
call the seller tell him to send you a new motor or suck your pepe.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Ok, dumb question, but did you push the reset button in? Sometimes you need to push it pretty hard with the tip of a pen.
Well, I feel like a beginner. It appears a little piece of plastic was sucked up into this thing, and get lodged in the vac tube deep inside, next to the vac motor.
When I took this entire thing :mad:apart:mad:, I noticed that the vac tube inside is a smaller diameter than the flex hoses at the bottom and on the top. So when it got sucked up, it refused to go any further, automatically making the hole smaller, catching the smaller stuff, and causing it to shut down to keep it from overheating.

I hate working on vacuums.

For the record, I blame the wife or my 12year old, because this is the one we use at home, and only them 2 use it.:rolleyes:

So be careful if you think something won't get lodged in there because it gets the same diameter as the end of that suction wand that pulls out.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Well, I feel like a beginner. It appears a little piece of plastic was sucked up into this thing, and get lodged in the vac tube deep inside, next to the vac motor.
When I took this entire thing :mad:apart:mad:, I noticed that the vac tube inside is a smaller diameter than the flex hoses at the bottom and on the top. So when it got sucked up, it refused to go any further, automatically making the hole smaller, catching the smaller stuff, and causing it to shut down to keep it from overheating.

I hate working on vacuums.

For the record, I blame the wife or my 12year old, because this is the one we use at home, and only them 2 use it.:rolleyes:

So be careful if you think something won't get lodged in there because it gets the same diameter as the end of that suction wand that pulls out.
I'm glad you got it fixed.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I a wire coat hanger, hook bent on the end, in the van to deal with the occasional clog. Saves me from taking the vac apart, always solves the problem.
Before I disassembled this vacuum I tried:
-Coat hanger
-Suction from my truck mount on both sides of the vac tube
-the wet rag process on both sides from my truck mount's suction

When those three things didn't work, I was angry because I knew I had to take it apart to get to the problem

Reactions: See Spots Run

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
Is the only difference between the 1200 and 1500 a 12" head vs a 15" head?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Before I disassembled this vacuum I tried:
-Coat hanger
-Suction from my truck mount on both sides of the vac tube
-the wet rag process on both sides from my truck mount's suction

When those three things didn't work, I was angry because I knew I had to take it apart to get to the problem

You didn't try flipping it over and shaking it like you were trying to empty coins from someone's pockets?

MattBarnes

Feb 18, 2021
www.crystalcleanbuildingservice.com
Real Name
Matt Barnes
I have a similar issue with a proteam perforce 1500 vacuum. The vacuum motor turns on and it will vacuum through the hose, but the brush motor will not turn.

Belt is good.
I've swapped in a known good, switch, circuit breaker, circuit board.
And I've swapped in 5 different motors - highly doubt all of them could be bad.

I"m having the same issue on multiple vacuums.

Appreciate any help.

Matt