Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Not sure if you’ve noticed it or not but it’s a trend here. Realty agents, realty brokers and property managers are starting or buying up existing cleaning companies. Some of my best accounts too. I think they see our success and want a piece of the pie. Anyone else seen this?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Here locally the big player in real estate has their own maintenance company. They do electric, plumbing, A/C and general contracting. Just a matter of time for a cleaning division.

• Sad
Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
That's all very true, but if they can do it, and we the people accept it, who taught them it was ok?

People are caring less and less about each other. I'm seeing it daily, this free for all to get what they can for themselves.

I admit I'm finding it harder to stay optimistic with the prevalence of the decay in human morals and society.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
They lady that ran my boys daycare had a sign in her office that said "I run a daycare, you can't scare me". I feel the same way, a couple of my competitors used to hire me and meet me on the job with their company shirt for me to wear as I dyed bleach for them or corrected tech mistakes on expensive items. Did you ever see the barber shop that had the sign out front after supercuts moved in across the street? It said "we fix $8.00 haircuts!".

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
They lady that ran my boys daycare had a sign in her office that said "I run a daycare, you can't scare me". I feel the same way, a couple of my competitors used to hire me and meet me on the job with their company shirt for me to wear as I dyed bleach for them or corrected tech mistakes on expensive items. Did you ever see the barber shop that had the sign out front after supercuts moved in across the street? It said "we fix $8.00 haircuts!".
Amen,, they wont do good work and we will get to fix it all !! Remember when they all cried over tile being installed

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Not sure if you’ve noticed it or not but it’s a trend here. Realty agents, realty brokers and property managers are starting or buying up existing cleaning companies. Some of my best accounts too. I think they see our success and want a piece of the pie. Anyone else seen this?
Since real estate perked up after housing market crashed in 2008, their efforts are understandable. Years before turbulent times I had one on one meeting with representative of major real estate company. At that time they counted about 180 offices in the area. The proposal was to service their properties ( in and outs) within 48 hours of notice, while implementing my existing price structure. Honestly, I didn't see this program being successful for many reasons.. You might imagine what those might be....

Reactions: rob allen

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Rob, after youve been in biz as long as I have, you realize that things go in cycles. Look at the Restoration Industry. Insurance companies tell insureds that they have to use their Preferred Vendor. Then after a couple years they start having problems with the Preferred Vendor and go back to just recommending a company. Then after having problems with that, they go back to a Preferred Vendor Program.

Simply put, the Management companies just looked at what they are paying out for these services and decided that they could save money doing it themselves. In a few years the Management company will find out its not cost effective to do their own cleaning and then again hire it out. Then a new manager will come back in and it will be done in house again. Its just a cycle....

Reactions: burbuja2 and Luky

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
We have a plumbing contractor here that has their own flood restoration service.

jim christopher

Nov 2, 2017
Real Name
jim christopher
I was hired by a company that maintains times shares. .I was hired to set up and train there contract properties. They
Promised the world to me delivered zero. Ended up working 20 hours a week. I begged for some sales literature. THEY said make it yourself. There now selling the van and equipment. This too shall pass as they will see there cost actually rìse. I quit . I offered to train so they gave me the pressure washing guy for a day .
They sold the van a couple months ago .

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
It’s why we charge value rates - so we don’t give people a reason to look into other options. The internet has commoditized many things - why not us too?

Think long term and price yourselves to where people don’t think about needing it to be cheaper.