Product recommendations -- newbie at light commercial | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Product recommendations -- newbie at light commercial

EskiMo

Oct 8, 2020
Real Name
Matt Lind
Hello all,

I was recently hired as the custodian and maintenance tech at my church. The previous custodian wasn't the most motivated and had been using the same smelly, cotton mops for years. I would like to switch us over to a microfiber set up or some sort of Swiffer type method. The church has a 30'x60' fellowship hall/kitchen with vinyl tiles. Any recommendations on a wet microfiber/Swiffer set up to replace the old mop and bleach water bucket?

Last edited:

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Hello all,

I was recently hired as the custodian and maintenance tech at my church. The previous custodian wasn't the most motivated and had been using the same smelly, cotton mops for years. I would like to switch us over to a microfiber set up or some sort of Swiffer type method. The church has a 30'x60' fellowship hall/kitchen with vinyl tiles. Any recommendations on a wet microfiber/Swiffer set up to replace the old mop and bleach water bucket?
String mops are actually great because you can ring them out good, make sure to use a mild neutral floor cleaner though so your not leaving behind residue. Does the floor have wax on the tiles? Sometimes just hot water does the trick. Dry mopping in between will help as well, you could use a dry string mop or micro fiber.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Get rid of the old mopping system and invest in a microfiber set up.
Get the flat mop head, wet pads, dust mops and mop bucket.
Dust mop the floor first and then switch pads.
Use a damp pad and use until its soiled.

Nuerava

Sep 4, 2020
Canada
nuerava.com
Real Name
Walid kafrouny
Business Location
Canada
we are at Nuerava, a commercial cleaning company in Montreal currently used i-mop product by i-Team Global for floor cleaning in Office as well as at residential places. The i-mop XL makes it possible to clean any surface with freedom of movement and great ease of use. No borders or boundaries. This machine isn't just designed for cleaning, it is designed for the cleaner.