procyon plus vs carpet details | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

procyon plus vs carpet details

jeffexe

Dec 10, 2020
Real Name
jeff Helmer
I am an avid user of procyon plus powder. Recently, I have heard about carpet details which seems to be same concept, Mineral powder. I have reached out to Details a couple times to discuss their product. I keep getting the same mimic that its minerals and not like procyon and procyon customers love it. But no true information. This has kept me with Procyon, but wondering if anyone has tried the details product.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I am an avid user of procyon plus powder. Recently, I have heard about carpet details which seems to be same concept, Mineral powder. I have reached out to Details a couple times to discuss their product. I keep getting the same mimic that its minerals and not like procyon and procyon customers love it. But no true information. This has kept me with Procyon, but wondering if anyone has tried the details product.
Hooked on Procyon Powder Plus! Never heard of carpet details though

Reactions: jeffexe

jeffexe

Dec 10, 2020
Real Name
jeff Helmer
Yeah. I think I will just stay with Procyon plus. It is an amazing product.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
STPP is an amazing raw material which is the dominant raw in all "soap free" products.
These products excel at activating and using soap residues to help clean the carpet. Once these soap residues are mostly removed then these product are average at best in cleaning carpet.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
STPP is an amazing raw material which is the dominant raw in all "soap free" products.
These products excel at activating and using soap residues to help clean the carpet. Once these soap residues are mostly removed then these product are average at best in cleaning carpet.
I like running Procyon in my injection system as a rinse, I like how it keeps foam to a minimal and IMO is better than water only rinse...I have a jug of acid rinse mixed as well for certain scenarios. Interesting read @Tom Forsythe my brain is still processing the information, would the prespray detergent be considered soap residue that the soap free procut would use to clean or no? Thus far my results are speaking for themselves.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Another thought I just had was this, since fats and lipids are soaponified with heat and converted into soap molecules would they then be removed easily with a soap free product like procyon? I could have that wrong but it was thought provoking

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
I love "soap free" products as a rinse, but they need to include a corrosion inhibitor to protect metals. As pre-spray "soap free" products have limitations as discussed in the article linked above. In short, most pre-sprays have solvents, surfactants and alkaline builders. Soap free" products only have alkaline builders which are primarily phosphate in the good ones. In a lot of situations, alkaline builders are not enough. https://blog.aramsco.com/the-trifecta-of-cleaning-agents

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

mustangcarpet

Jun 19, 2014
Arizona
Real Name
Justin V
Carpet Details is good stuff but tbh you’re not gonna see a difference vs Procyon plus. A lot of the before / afters on Carpet Details website is actually from our company believe it or not. It cleans carpet, tile and upholstery great.. but like Tom said, at some point and situations you do need surfactants. Another great soap free is CleanFREE. It’s STPP, peroxide and a corrosion inhibitor. Here’s a pic of CleanFREE with no boost or scrub.
b302e2c3eaf3f4c50ab6cbf34cbe5789.jpg