PROCHEMS-All models REPAIR archive--- | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

PROCHEMS-All models REPAIR archive---

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

75HE
100A
650HP
800A
Bruin 1
Bruin 2
Cub
Cub XL
Bear
Bear Cat
Blazer
Blazer XL
Trail Blazer
Legend
Legend SE
Legend XL
Performer
Performer 405
Performer 805
Peak
Apex
Everest
Hydraulic direct drive
PTO

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have the Prochem 405 in of my trucks. It has a demand pump. It started shutting off. I investigated and found the quick diconnect entering the machine was defective. I replaced it and now it flows well. However here is the problem. After I put it back together and turned it on, the pump would not cut off when it reached 40lbs or so. It just buries the guage. This tells me it is the pump pressure switch. Is this adjustable? If not, where can I get one?

Rob Allen.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
You really dont need the pressure switch. Its an optional part. Call Jon-Don to find out if its adjustable. If not, I'm sure they have a new one.

Steve Jr.

Oct 21, 2008
Brookville, Ohio
Real Name
Steve Aponyi
Business Location
United States
Noticed in the listing model 400, my dad used one b4 starting in 79 was wandering if a picture of any kind could be posted? I would like to see what it looked like.
Thanks Steve jr

Jun 23, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.nmsmallengine.com
Real Name
Chris Sheldon
Business Location
United States
John, I dont think they make those Mercury pumps anymore. I would do an internet search and check.

You can probably use a different brand such as Cat, Comet, Hypro, you will probably just have to do some fabricating to make it work.

jamidei

Jul 14, 2008
Littleton, Co.
www.usacarpetinc.com
Real Name
John Amidei
Re: need help

need repair manual for the prochem 150 thkspeace

Hi- I noticed your posting and that nobody answered- I have a 100a Prochem and nobody wants to talk top me either.
Are you having any success finding other people using these old machines and who have parts and manuals?
John
USA Carpet in Denver

jamidei

Jul 14, 2008
Littleton, Co.
www.usacarpetinc.com
Real Name
John Amidei
Hello- My Prochem 100a gave me a surprise today by blasting out black water while I was using my wand on some nice white carpet as I was talking to the client. After I ran the water for a few seconds it turned clear again- but then it happened a few more times during the same job. My burner coils were replaced new about 1 year ago- I was using an emulsifier in the solution tank- running my water around 200 degrees f. I had descaled last week because this same thing happened 2 weeks ago.
Any insight into what might be happening here?
Thanks,
John
USA Carpet- Denver

gblakeney23

Sep 11, 2010
OH
Real Name
Gary Blakeney
Business Location
United States
Performer 405
I bought it and I am rebuilding it and it needs a cat pump I know that it states a cat 5cp but I have a cat310 on my shelf would it work the same as a 5cp please let me know thanks

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
Performer 405
I bought it and I am rebuilding it and it needs a cat pump I know that it states a cat 5cp but I have a cat310 on my shelf would it work the same as a 5cp please let me know thanks
The early Performers came with the 340 pump. The 310/340 share everything other that crankshaft stroke. The 310 has much more stroke and is designed to run slower. I think you will end up over driving the pump and it will wear out faster. While the output shaft is the same diameter between the 310/5cp, the key that holds the clutch on may not be. I would try putting the clutch on the 310 before doing anything else, as they are 300 bucks alone and you can get a 5 for around 600. If you want to go with it, you will need to put the hi-temp seals in it. Make sure you turn your pressure regulator as low as possible before starting with the new pump. You don't want to hit the system with 2000psi once you prime it.

310 spec sheet http://www.catpumps.com/select/pdfs/310.pdf

orien

Apr 11, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
orien newton
Business Location
United States
know any one with a Pro Chem 75 that can take a pic and send it to me or if anyone has a repair manual for it?

manuel baca muuu

Apr 14, 2011
texas
Real Name
manuel aragonez
Business Location
United States
wish is de best vperformer procquem about 10 jears old and whi iam traing to get mi first set of equipment and learn as i go

martyf

Jun 13, 2010
Real Name
Marty Friedrich
Business Location
United States
Hi guys!!

I have a Prochem Bear Cat....it is old, but runs great...except, i have water coming out of the exhaust port...I mean i have about 5 gallons every 45 minutes or so....

I'm not sure where to look, any help would be great!!
Thanks,
Marty

Reactions: ljackson1522

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

johnnymusso

Jan 7, 2012
AL
Real Name
John Messer
Business Location
United States
I need a manual or a wiring diagram (at least) for an Avenger 210. Anyone able to help me with that?
Thanks in advance.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
A lot of people looking for owners manuals, here is a link to a site with all the manuals for every prochem ever made.

http://www.prochem.com/partsmanual.aspx
Todd, You amaze me. I was trying to find out more information on the Prochem 100a, specifically an owners manual. So I Goggled it and look where it took me.:AddEmoticons04233:

Goggled it, wonder what would happen if I Googled it.

aaron1

Dec 9, 2011
texas
Real Name
aaron chavira
Business Location
United States
i have a performer 805 and in is surging up and down . it takes about 20 minutes to start giving that problem . any ideas on whats wrong with this truckmount.