Prochem405 shut down after releaseing override switch | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem405 shut down after releaseing override switch

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
I have a performer 405 which all of a sudden would not keep running after release of override. I checked the float switch and that is not the problem. Put in a new override switch and it starts but still shuts off when net go. Please give me some advice on what steps to take to fix this issue.

wynand

Jun 30, 2016
Real Name
wynand brits
V
I have a performer 405 which all of a sudden would not keep running after release of override. I checked the float switch and that is not the problem. Put in a new override switch and it starts but still shuts off when net go. Please give me some advice on what steps to take to fix this issue.
Check the oil pressure switch remove the wire from the senser and. Tri it or it can be te low pressure water switch what dont open

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
Agree with oil pressure sensor
Oil level and oil pressure it self
the override switch bypass the sensor for a second until the oil pressure builds normal oil flow and pressure
Open the oil cap on top on the engine use a flashlight start the engine with the override press on
Let it run for 15 -30 seconds you will be able to see oil inside the engine flowing
If oil is present disconnect the oil pressure sensor and try it again
If you do not see oil flowing inside or heard a knocking noise stop the engine and take it to a mechanic

Reactions: wynand

marcos

Aug 7, 2012
Real Name
marcos guerrero
Follow water supply and make sure no kinks inline. Happen to me couple times and it came back to water. Not enough pressure, kink inline, clogged filter, reserve fliat

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Das Rumbler

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
How do you test to see which sensor is the one causing the problem.

wynand

Jun 30, 2016
Real Name
wynand brits
How do you test to see which sensor is the one causing the problem.
Take the oli pressure censer wire and short it out to the boby and start the machine and check if problem still acurs

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
Hopefully I connected the new switch up right. Does anyone have a photo of how theres is connectedness

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Hold on.......

When you disengage the heat exchanger using the large knob on the lower left hand side, does it still shut down?
64279-5d3958de5b4b8e8c015007a73c9f6c49.jpg

If it stays running, then its probably your micro switch that needs replaced. If you need to know if its the micro switch, simply install a jumper wire on the top two terminals on the micro switch.....
64278-b8997ef416d3343516a2ad73a81a1b9e.jpg

Usually, its this switch.....

Attachments

• IMG_3054.JPG
    IMG_3054.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 175

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
V

Check the oil pressure switch remove the wire from the senser and. Tri it or it can be te low pressure water switch what dont open
This is an NC switch, removing the wire will open the circuit and the machine will not start. You must either use a jumper wire to bridge the two wires together or remove one of the wires and connect the two together for troubleshooting purposes. If the engine runs after the two wires are connected, replace the switch.