Prochem UltraPac Extreme, reviews? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem UltraPac Extreme, reviews?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
cell phones give off radiation, you dont have to eat your cell phone to be exposed lol

this is why using a bluetooth as much as possible is much better.. they are very powerful little computers now so pressing them against your ear and using them can expose you to very minor amounts of radiation over a long period of time.
Plus makes working easier. no need to worry about dropping your phone

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Go back to the lemon juice - straight lemon juice with a pH around 2 will eat holes in the stomach lining and cause ulcers and other digestive trauma. But a little bit of lemon and sugar in water makes a beloved summer cool-down drink that you can suck down by the gallon with no harm.

DILUTION.

Let's say there's actually a full three ounces of DANGER! chemical in your concentrated prespray. And that's being generous.

Your special sauce calls for 4 ounces of prespray to a gallon of water.

So now that three ounces of DANGER! is actually (3/128 times 4) .09 ounce, and that .09 ounce is spread over 1000 square feet of carpet along with your water. And you don't bother to rinse at all, you just leave it there. We will assume that NONE of it is bound up in any chemical reactions with soil, either.

So each square foot of carpet now has .00009 ounces of DANGER! in it... and a lot of water.

Now let's say you DO care, and you DO rinse and extract. And you do such a good job, you get 75% of the mix back out, leaving only 25% behind. Hurrah!

So you've left a whopping .000023 ounces of DANGER! in each foot of carpet (yes, two-point three hundred-thousandths of an ounce), or just over .02 ounces (two hundredths) in the whole job.

All told, in the entire carpet, that's about half a gram (or half the weight of a paper clip).

YOU, on the other hand, not only have your face hovering over the bottle as you mix, but I guarantee you at some point you've sniffed the darn thing to savor the scent. So who's in danger here? Not the customer.

(I say "you" in the collective sense, not any one given person)
Good point. Just dont do that with mercury or anything serious

Reactions: Mama Fen

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
lol ]
funny Not!

LOL
Just joking. Most everything nowadays causes cancer. There is only trace amounts of that chemical in the pre-spray. When it’s mixed with water it’s just about nonexistent

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I used it today on a rat nasty and it performed awesome. No booster. Just one scoop per gallon.
Oversized scoop and it’s still outdated stuff that relies on high ph resoilers imo.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
inconclusive?

it states that it can cause cancer on the link you provided.

California also requires that coffee be labeled as a known carcinogen. How many have given up coffee because it may cause cancer?

We should be concerned about our health, safety and the products we use every day. But the state of California and some folks are inclined to condemn everything. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf. People don't know what really is a serious threat and begin to ignore all warnings.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I admire his compassion but wouldnt it be better for him to be a counselor? instead of possibly not doing a good job, burning fuel, and possibly bringing in a bad rep to other cleaners and inferior products ?
Perhaps, but the chance of these women actually seeking out help is very low. Going to a counselor is not something most of them would do. So he goes to them instead. Plus, at least he is buying actual carpet cleaning chemicals and not grabbing laundry detergent at Walmart.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
California also requires that coffee be labeled as a known carcinogen. How many have given up coffee because it may cause cancer?

We should be concerned about our health, safety and the products we use every day. But the state of California and some folks are inclined to condemn everything. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf. People don't know what really is a serious threat and begin to ignore all warnings.
Exactly my thinking. And i think i mentioned crying wolf before. They will have people either so worked up over (possibility) and others completely ignoring the more serious threats. They should just stick to the ones most serious.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro

BINGO!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Exactly my thinking. And i think i mentioned crying wolf before. They will have people either so worked up over (possibility) and others completely ignoring the more serious threats. They should just stick to the ones most serious.
DOUBLE BINGO!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

When Coffee is processed and roasted it does go through a change. The Roasting itself can burn the beans. Some companies use different ways to process coffee beans, You know better Scott. In our classes we teach that coffee stains may not only include coffee, but other ingredients too. Stabilizers, preservatives, color enhancers, and sweeteners. Why would labeling processed coffee beans a potential carcinogenic be "crying wolf" there is evidence that this can happen.
Again Id rather be warned, than to just follow the heard. I choose to ignore the warning and drink it or not. I personally love coffee but I limit myself to the amount I consume. I have not drank coffee for the past 2 years. I love the stuff but I just do not know whats in it. I do prefer organic, but Knowing that the roasting process itself is what gives the beans the flavor it just cannot be avoided. I understand that the air we breathe is contaminated with impurities but that doesnt mean im going to fire up my truckmount in an enclose area and say nothing will happen if I breathe some exhaust. Ages ago I worked in the automotive industry
We were taught to change used motor oils. No warning was given. We were exposed to sealants, adhesives, additives. We would test, idle and run engines in enclosed areas with little to hardly any ventilation.We were exposed to Brake dust, refrigerants we were exposed to so many VOC's. No one warned us.

Then we started getting Cancer, Skin, Lung, Eye, tumors, Prostate. Hurting the environment. Our ignorance was our greatest valid excuse.

We no longer are ignorant. We know better (or so we are suppose to). Yet the bad practices still exist. Still there are many, many, many people that without giving any thought expose themselves.

There are warning labels for used motor oils. Warnings about breathing exhaust fumes, breathing gasoline vapors and other VOC's, about releasing refrigerants, and other agents into the atmosphere, about releasing coolants into storm drains.

I guess its stupid to warn people.

In the cleaning industry, hardly anyone thinks about it. some get it but its too late.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Pre Spray you shouldnt be worried about nearly as much as extraction rinse.

Your spraying it down cold and very diluted, then rinsing it out (hopefully well)

Your rinse is heated, and more is left behind.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Perhaps, but the chance of these women actually seeking out help is very low. Going to a counselor is not something most of them would do. So he goes to them instead. Plus, at least he is buying actual carpet cleaning chemicals and not grabbing laundry detergent at Walmart.
I think its great that he is doing what he is doing, But If it were me. I wouldnt go around be in the cleaning industry. It hurts other companies that are actually cleaning, and correctly. Im NOT putting the guy down.
I would think that if he offered his services as a mobile counselor, and maybe refers other companies then maybe he could focus more on helping women. Buying cheap detergents is not helping the seller, Sellers make more by having a company fully dedicated into the business, they buy not just a bottle of the cheap stuff but true professionals buy service, tools and equipment, maintenance, and recommended products by the distributors they trust. I do.

I have my share of stories when I have stopped being a professional and lent a hand, a ear and a shoulder to cry on. I have given hours (not bragging) of words of encouragements to some clients, and customers and although it feels awesome to help, I know in the back of my mind that this is not the way to do business.

Your friend needs to survive, if he is very wealthy he really should consider getting training, and majoring in something and offer the service for free.

Anyhow. I tip my hat to that gentleman.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Here is another example of California cancer warning’s. These are rubber grommets to keep my gas door from hitting the metal. I guess everything causes cancer.
1B6C18D0-A4A1-4C2E-95F4-56884C6CEC53.jpeg

Reactions: keep it clean

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Here is another example of California cancer warning’s. These are rubber grommets to keep my gas door from hitting the metal. I guess everything causes cancer. View attachment 83164
They could've just put, "Don't eat these." on it and it would be just as effective. :p Unless you burn them you won't be inhaling them.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Here is another example of California cancer warning’s. These are rubber grommets to keep my gas door from hitting the metal. I guess everything causes cancer. View attachment 83164
Maybe they think your going to chew them :D i remember a tv show where people ate all kinds of crap like it was some weird fettish or addiction.

Reactions: smart n kleen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The main problem with the warning is that there are now too many warnings. I roll my eyes when I hear about a prop 65 warning where five years ago the warning needed to be taken seriously. It is a result of regulators not knowing when to stop.
What we need are some TF, Tom Forsythe, approved cleaning agents because I can't make heads or tails out of some of those sds's! If it says health rating of 3 or 4 it definitely causes me concern. When I read some of the precautionary statements and handling statements on them it definitely makes me have some concern about whether or not I should be using it. When I read those test results that say for example it has an LD50 (Lethal Dose 50%) for rats, rabbits, etc. it gives me concern. As I stated earlier some of this stuff is just above my head so I try to choose stuff that works for me that's as safe as possible and try to follow the directions on the label.

Btw, the TLC that I've mentioned several times on this forum that caused me to have severe heart palpitations and had me unconscious in under a minute definitely had butyl cellosolve in it. I'm pretty sure that is the name of it. I'm not 100% certain, but I do believe that caused that fairly severe reaction in seconds. It's my understanding that was taken out of all TLC's a long time ago, wasn't it? I read it's still being used in a lot of cleaning products till this day. This was 20 to 25 years ago this happened to me. If this doesn't scare the crap out of someone I don't know what will.

Copied from butyl cellosolve sds,
"Hazard classification
Acute toxicity - Category 4 - Oral
Acute toxicity - Category 4 - Dermal"

"
Inhalation: Move person to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration; if by mouth to mouth
use rescuer protection (pocket mask, etc). If breathing is difficult, oxygen should be administered by
qualified personnel. Call a physician or transport to a medical facility"

Last edited:

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
What we need are some TF, Tom Forsythe, approved cleaning agents because I can't make heads or tails out of some of those sds's! If it says health rating of 3 or 4 it definitely causes me concern. When I read some of the precautionary statements and handling statements on them it definitely makes me have some concern about whether or not I should be using it. When I read those test results that say for example it has an LD50 for rats, rabbits, etc. it gives me concern. As I stated earlier some of this stuff is just above my head so I try to choose stuff that works for me that's as safe as possible and try to follow the directions on the label.

Btw, the TLC that I've mentioned several times on this forum that caused me to have severe heart palpitations and had me unconscious in under a minute definitely had butyl cellosolve in it. I'm pretty sure that is the name of it. I'm not 100% certain, but I do believe that caused that fairly severe reaction in seconds. It's my understanding that was taken out of all TLC's a long time ago, wasn't it? This was 20 to 25 years ago this happened to me.
For me, I still go by the OLD Cleaning Equation Pie.
1- Chemical Action.
2- Mechanical Action.
3- Competency Of The Operator.
(No heat needed and Time is already included in Chemical Action)
Anyway, when we use mechanical action correctly, we do not usually need any of the harmful, yet powerful additives. It's really not that difficult.

Reactions: wandwizard