Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I just bought a 40lb bucket of Prochem UltraPac Extreme. Has anyone used this product? Comments please. Thanks guys.

bcs

Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
Havnt used it personally but guys on other boards like it,say its very strong

Reactions: smart n kleen

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
With 40 lbs. of that stuff you should be coming back on here real soon and tell us how well it worked!
I just ordered it today, and I’m leaving on a Caribbean cruise next Thursday so I won’t be able to try it for a few weeks. I promise I will get back to you.

Reactions: wandwizard

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Some say it dont smell good and it's not the safest chem out there .
I'm sure it works good like all prochem stuff .
Huge cancer warnings on the label with prop 65 too. No thanks

Reactions: Fedri

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
View attachment 82410View attachment 82411
Just because it isnt a TMF product doesnt mean I wont state its good/bad - there is a few good products out there that we dont carry yet. I still prefer to go the safer route, which still cleans like a beast. ;) Why go back in time to the 1990s with the super harmful products we used to use?
I agree. I was joking. I didn’t mean to hit a nerve.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Huge cancer warnings on the label with prop 65 too. No thanks
This part right here would make me think once about buying it and then say to myself, NO! I'm sure they'll sell a ton of it for guys desperate to clean those rat nasties. My input is I'd be looking for something safer to be exposing myself to day in and day out. I definitely will not be buying this no matter how well it works. At least they do warn you right on the label!

"WARNING: This product can expose you to Ethylene oxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. "

"Ultrapac Extreme DANGER Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Prevention: Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Wash face and hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Response: If swallowed: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Immediately call a poison center/doctor. If on skin (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. If inhaled: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a poison center/doctor. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. If any condition(s) persist: Get medical advice/attention. More detailed First Aid measures may be found in Section 4 of the SDS. Storage: Store locked up. Disposal: Dispose of contents in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations. READ SDS at www.legendbrandscleaning.com

Moral of this story is thanks, but no thanks. Another tip I try to live buy is I only buy one gallon or container of ANY new product. If one container doesn't impress that's the end of that story. I also check the sds on EVERYTHING I buy. No available sds it DOES NOT even get considered. If the health or hazard ratings are higher than 1 I rarely even consider buying it, particularly if it's a pre-spray. If a pre-spray or any product gives me ANY discomfort or any of my customers any problems it's GONE, period and no exceptions.

Attachments

Last edited:

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I just bought a 40lb bucket of Prochem UltraPac Extreme. Has anyone used this product? Comments please. Thanks guys.
I used it many years ago. It worked very well, but I didn't care for the stink. And really....with all we know today and what we now have available to use, why would you want to go backwards? I used to wash my hands with trichloretholene 1,1 1 years ago too. Who knew???

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I used it many years ago. It worked very well, but I didn't care for the stink. And really....with all we know today and what we now have available to use, why would you want to go backwards? I used to wash my hands with trichloretholene 1,1 1 years ago too. Who knew???
I've had a few times in my life where I used a pre-spray that I wished I hadn't. One gave me serious heart palpitations instantly. I went outside immediately and was unconscious in under a minute. That pre-spray hasn't been around for years now. I wonder why? I had another give me asthma like attack and I've never had breathing problems in my life. So, if anyone thinks I'm a bit over conscientious about this think again. I've had some problems with a few deodorizers in the past too, but those were mainly with customer objections. One deodorizer I bought locally years ago nearly killed my customer's dog. The stuff smelled fantastic too! It also has been discontinued. Obviously, she never forgave me for that and I never worked for her again.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
To be fair doesnt everything in california cause cancer?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Possibly, but the truth is some things actually DO cause cancer. Even outside of that fear the label alone would shy me away from that product. It simply is never necessary to buy something with those types of hazards to clean carpets IMHO no matter what the condition or the location of the carpet or the type of fiber or construction. We're all looking for faster and easier, but I think safer needs as much attention. We want something we can lay down and strip the filthiest gunk imaginable off with one pass. That seems to be the purpose or at least the intent of some of these more hazardous presprays.

I've been cleaning for over 31 years. I've cleaned everything from the lightest soil to carpets so bad I questioned myself whether or not they can be cleaned by anyone. One thing I can say is that if you use at least reasonably good prespray followed by a proper procedure you can clean just about anything. You don't need a prespray with a health rating of 3 or 4 and a flammability rating of 3 or 4 to do the job RIGHT! Btw, I've had 2 sisters die of cancer, one as recent as August last year, and they weren't even exposed to a lot of the stuff we expose ourselves to so that should make you think about what you use day in day out. I know it does me.

Reactions: sbsscn and Fedri

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It was just released a few months ago. Maybe I will only use the one bucket. Thanks guys.