ProChem PTO Hydraulic issues

Blue Pearl

Mar 3, 2010
Newport Oregon
Real Name
Kenny
Business Location
United States
I need to change out the hydraulic oil from the whole system, I can drain the tank and refill But how do i get the contaminated oil out of the system? Anyone?
Can i just run new oil with the return line in a bucket for 3 gallons worth? Will that do it?

idreadnought

Mar 8, 2009
California
Real Name
Robert Smith
Business Location
United States
4 gallons might. What is the hydraulic oil contaminated with? The problem is kinda like taking a glass with a half inch of milk in it. You fill the glass till it is over flowing. eventually you will purge the milk out of the glass because it will get dilluted less and less. Same principal with the hydraulic oil that is contaminated. They will mix and you will get most but not all of it out. If it is contaminated with water then by removing most of the contaminated oil the rest will eventually boil off. I purchased one once to put in a van, got halfway done and realized it was too complicated to be reliable. I scrapped the project and pillaged the machine for parts. I still have some if you need anything. Mine was the first generation pto with the oil tank built over the waste tank.

Blue Pearl

Mar 3, 2010
Newport Oregon
Real Name
Kenny
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the reply

Hey thanks for the reply, I went to Jon-Don and they said as long as i get the majority of water out , It will be fine. So ya, after cleaning the tank and putting new oil in, i'll purge it for about 8 gallons of oil. Oil is about $7-$10 a gallon. Its getting expensive dontchyaknow. I just spent $1700 on a tube and shell , and 2 little radiators, as both are part of the heat exchange. I was like , HOLY COW!. :eek: I did just buy this unit for a price that compensated for the repairs. The dude let it freeze up. Other than the repairs, the unit is about an 8 on the condition. So im getting ready to go out now and install the parts. I apparantly dont have the same unit you do as my hydraulic tank is long and between the seats and unit. Is there any parts you have i can use from yours? What about your cat pump? Blower? Hydraulic drive or pump? If so, I would like to get ahold of you. I dont think i need those right this minute, but you never know right?

Gnu

Nov 16, 2009
Onion Sniffing Country
bingclean.com
Real Name
Ka Nacka Chu
Business Location
United States
Kenny you could have saved alot of money taking the heatexchangers to an hvac repair company like Trane or any dealership like that and they can silver solder the holes. Or you can fix them yourself its pretty easy.. $9.99 kit at walfart and a torch. I had to do the same with a heating coil for a propane burner.

Kenny has it been raining like crazy up there? its been almost non-stop in southern Oregon since October. just curious

idreadnought

Mar 8, 2009
California
Real Name
Robert Smith
Business Location
United States
Yours is a second generation. Blower is probably different but yeah I have that. Cat pump is a 290 and I keep those around for other machines. Drive pump on mine is a muncie with a serpentine belt, I have two of those with next to no hours on them. Mine has two hydraulic motors, one for the blower and one for the pump. Idk what is the same or different but if your ever in a pickle let me know.

Dabigga

Jan 28, 2020
Real Name
Edmond
Hello my fellow Cleaners looking for help. I have a Prochem hydraulic pto truckmount 2001 had it for 18 months no major problems , but the other day was at a job at the last 2 steps vacuum and water pressure just drop do to lose of power. Turned it on the next day and line coming frm pump clutch to motor shakes hard like theres no oil going into motor. Did a little research and came to the conclusion that the hydraulic oil is contaminated (oil looks like it has tiny bubbles in tank) I put new filter and still nothing. How can i remove the air frm system . Thanks