Prochem PTO conversion? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem PTO conversion?

SpotsGone

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Danny Koerner
Hello guys! I have a mint condition Prochem PTO in a 97 GMC Savana. The RPM’s are controlled mechanically. The van is falling apart and I am looking to move this machine in to a 2016 Chevy Express with the 4.8 motor.
My only issue is the lack of knowledge on parts to use to convert it from mechanical RPM to Electronic RPM I believe I need something that when active needs a setting for 1300 RPM (HI) and a setting for 1100 RPM (low)
This machine is ran by a Muncie Hydraulic PTO clutch pump 9 GPM

anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this or what I would need? For an electronic throttle controlled engine in the newer Chevy? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

This is an easy conversion to cruise control type throttle through the obdII port, really simple. 3 pots for various rpms, a latching relay will make it simple to go high/low.

SpotsGone

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Danny Koerner
Thanks Jim I just discovered this 15 minutes ago! I assume I can just wire a 2 stage switch like on the Hydromaster CDS with high, low and off? And the PTO power on comes from the module as well? This will be slick! And great cost option at under $300

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jim I just discovered this 15 minutes ago! I assume I can just wire a 2 stage switch like on the Hydromaster CDS with high, low and off? And the PTO power on comes from the module as well? This will be slick! And great cost option at under $300
You can use a switch like you described to give power to speed 1 for low and speed 2 for high. Each has a potentiometer that you can dial in using the digital tach on van.

I put this on my Cleanco and it is the best mod I have ever done to a TM. It just wirelessly gives power to the clutch under the hood (in my case), the high idle and the cat pump clutch and work lights. Best 38 bucks I ever spent.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke