Prochem Peak

breezer

Jan 12, 2008
Gulf Breeze ,Florida
Real Name
Kelvin Magee
Good- Awesome machine especially for doing water removal, lots of power.

Bad-changing out blower belts every 250 hours- cost 200.00. Apparently some kind of design flaw....

STEVE LOMBARDI

Jul 17, 2008
NEW JERSEY
Real Name
STEVE LOMBARDI
An average cc can put up to 1000 hrs a year on a machine at $200 to change belts every 250 hrs. is $800 on belts a year BIG PROBLEM!!! imoa

Steve

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That is NOT good news!!! :hammer: :argue:

Nick N

May 27, 2008
Texas
www.truckmountforums.com
I disagree with steve. 1000 hours a year = about 200,000.00 a year in sales. 850 a year to take care of equipment that makes a ton of money.

Many cleaners think machines should never break down or need servicing. The is just not true.

Even Joe and Gavin Maloof will tell you what it costs in maintence too make money.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
You can buy dual belts for it for $40 each. yes you have to learn how to change the belts, 1 person can install new belt in about 2 hours if they know what they are doing, otherwise pay a mechanic to do it.

Aside from that, if you are doing $200,000 in 1000 hours on your machine, thats $200/hr continuously averaged out over the year. To get that kind of money you need to charge a minimum of .60/sq ft for carpets alone and about $200 to clean a couch. Another Beverly Hills Carpet Cleaner cleaning for Oprah perhaps? I live in a fairly wealthy waterfront area and nobody is going to pay .60/sq ft around here no matter how great a job we do.

able 1

Aug 26, 2008
Real Name
Able
Business Location
United States
I also have a Peak TM and it is great machine! I also was going through belts about every 350 hours... I have heard that those power twist belts will last much longer... The one modification that I have done is 2.5 vac. hose and the belts seem to last longer and the vacuum difference is tremendous!!!

Replacing the belts on the Peak is easy,and I don't pay more then 40.00 for the belts(bx42's I believe)... and it takes under 1/2 hour to change them.

Keith

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
wow, 1/2 hour you're getting good at this lol.
I havent tried it solo yet, last time was about 4/5 solo and 1/5 mechanic's help.
Next belt change is gonna be solo.

There are also 2 main belts to worry about, the blower belt is the main one, and the drive belt for the pump. Both can be done solo with some practice and know-how.

One trick is make sure the blower cog wheel is perfectly aligned.
the extra 10 mins you spend getting it perfect will save you a ton of time
on your machine before she blows a belt. I also use dual belts instead of the double belt that Prochem uses.

able 1

Aug 26, 2008
Real Name
Able
Business Location
United States
I buy my belts from Napa(as said before bx42's)... You really don't have to move the blower at all. To put a new set on you can just slip them on just make sure you put the inside belt on first.. lol

On the out side of the blower pulley you can use a pipe wrench to help them on...

I really don't get why you would even adjust the blower unless you have seen uneven wear on the belt. The belts do stretch so you might get a couple more hours out of them if you would adjust after a while of running them.. But the belts are only 40.00 so............

Reactions: ECOPRO

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
We don't even bother to loosen the blower to change the belts since it doesn't even move anyway. Otherwise it is a very reliable machine.

able 1

Aug 26, 2008
Real Name
Able
Business Location
United States
NO Peak can dual wand neither can an Apex if you want to dual wand look for something about 10 grand more then the Peak... UNLESS you don't care about drytimes, then you can dual wand with a recoil.

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Recoil dont break down like a pos peak.! LOL! :cool:

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
Recoil dont break down like a pos peak.! LOL! :cool:
I'm not sure if you are kidding or drunk. A portable will break down 10 times before a Peak will. A Peak will suck the guts out of a Recoil, inside out. I have heard about the CFM power of these wonder portables but I have to see it to believe it and I wonder about the lift on a high cfm porty. The other problem with portables is the combination of electrical parts and water. It's like having two ex-wives in the same room. There's going to be some trouble and likely some hair flying around the room in short order.

Show me a legitimate 350cfm portable with some heaping lift and I'll be the first one to buy it. I'm just having a tough time believing it. Talk to me, Gman.....talk to me. haha

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure if you are kidding or drunk. I dont drink.A portable will break down 10 times before a Peak will. Your replacing belts every 200hrs? :eek: Recoil can go yrs before anything breaks down. :cool:.A Peak will suck the guts out of a Recoil, inside out. True.I have heard about the CFM power of these wonder portables but I have to see it to believe it and I wonder about the lift on a high cfm porty. The other problem with portables is the combination of electrical parts and water. It's like having two ex-wives in the same room. There's going to be some trouble and likely some hair flying around the room in short order. It kept outside. No need to bring her in

Show me a legitimate 350cfm portable with some heaping lift and I'll be the first one to buy it. Well, one dont exist.. I'm just having a tough time believing it. Talk to me, Gman.....talk to me. haha
OK.. It's not a pos.. But i sure wouldn't buy one..According to their website that TM was discontinued! :cool:

Alexa

User
Mar 4, 2010
Florida
Real Name
Alex Najar
Business Location
United States
The Peak was not discontinued. They merely did some upgrades and now call it the Peak GTX.

Priceless

User
Dec 9, 2009
California
Real Name
Kevin Price
Business Location
United States
NO Peak can dual wand neither can an Apex if you want to dual wand look for something about 10 grand more then the Peak... UNLESS you don't care about drytimes, then you can dual wand with a recoil.
It is sad that you have to spend that much for a machine that doesnt even perform to specs,you do the 2.5 hose,I think you said you opened up the exhaust and all the other goodies but you run at 3000 rpm:eek:You are missing out on a good amount of cfm/lift that you could have if you would redo the linkage and bump that thing up.The specs "are" a safe setting by the Manufacturer of the motor and blower and that 25hp has the same max as the air cooled one, 3600 rpm, so until you guys do this,all the upgrades on these boards will not help if you are not running it like it was designed.The reasoning behind it seems to be longevity,but at what cost?Do we always buy things that perform at 2/3 of what we want?Again,the motor can run at 3600 per manufacturers specs,the number of cfms you think you are getting is based on max rpm, and up to a 47 it is 3600, and I am positive that these are "safe" under their testing proticol.So the moral of the story,which goes for all systems,find out the Manufacturers specs on what you have and run it at that(not the one putting the parts together,the one that actually made them)and this alone will increase your performance better than any other upgrade you will find.
PS-if you are running at max,you could probably dual a certain distance with the 47